PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Nutrition Angel Formula

rayyue
12-27-2011, 07:28 AM
anyone can tell me where i can buy Ocean Nutrition Angel Formula in great vancouver area
i just bought a rock beauty today
and i know rock beauty need sponge-dominated diet.
but i can't find it anymore in j&l

or anyone can tell me other fish food contain sponge that i can feed the rock beauty.
thanks

Aquattro
12-27-2011, 01:59 PM
I have a Queen Angel that doesn't get any special Angel formula and seems to do quite well. Most the angel foods I looked at really didn't have much in the way of sponge anyway.
From what I can find though, the Rock Beauty might require more sponge than a Queen.
What I do is look around the LFS for any rocks where sponges are growing and ask if they can scrap some off. I grow some in another tank, but seldom see my angel eat it.
Lots if spirulina, nori and mysis keeps mine happy.

George
12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Aquarium food containing sponge is not available in Canada. If you really want it, you can go down to the states and get it yourself or ship to a US address. Either way you have to go down south to get it.
Good luck with your rock beauty. I have a good collection of angel fish but I personally avoid that fish because of its diet requirements.

RCK
12-28-2011, 02:59 AM
I think San Francisco Bay Brand's Angel & Butterfly frozen food has some sponge in it? Last time I was there, PJ's in Richmond had some in stock.

Aquattro
12-28-2011, 03:14 AM
I recall that brand lists sponge on the ingredients, but way down the list to the point I wasn't willing to count it as sponge in the food :)

Casey8
12-28-2011, 06:46 AM
A month ago I saw King Ed has carried the dry pellet ocean nutrition, give them a call and see if they still have them.

rayyue
01-03-2012, 07:56 AM
thanks a lot.