PDA

View Full Version : Aqua C Remora Protein Skimmer

raquel
02-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the Aqua C Remora HOT skimmer? I am thinking of getting one from the states. Any recommendations for a different HOT skimmer for a 90 gallon? (No sump).

apepper
02-20-2004, 04:53 PM
I have a Aqua C Remora for my 45 gallon tank. It seems to be working well, but so far I have only used it for curing my live rock and so I don't have a lot of long term experience with it yet. I did a lot of research before I decided on the Remora and I found that most people are very happy with them. I think the Remora Pro may be better suited for use on a 90 gallon tank though.

newreefy
02-20-2004, 05:18 PM
I am using the Remora Pro as well. I have had no complaints except I do get a few micro bubbles in the tank. The Remora works on a variety of pumps, which is a bonus, ranging from 300g/h to people pumping through over 500g/h. For a 90g I would definitely shoot for the Remora Pro.

Adam

raquel
02-21-2004, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the replies. I just bought the Remora Pro today from J & L Aquatics. Lots of microbubbles but should be better in a few weeks. Happy to have bought in Canada rather than messing about with USD.

Jack
02-21-2004, 07:41 AM
This add-on is great.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/cgi-bin/shopping/jalstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=ps-acremza

Samw
03-07-2004, 08:50 AM
Mine's (prefilter) still up for sale. :)

albert_dao
06-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Great skimmer. The spray injection is the biggest thing going for this skimmer IMO. I loathe venturis.

reefburnaby
06-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Hi,

Remoras work well. I have had mine for two years now and it is still going. I have a MAG 7 running off of mine. I have a 90 with 33 sump.

- Victor.

raquel
06-11-2004, 06:54 AM
Hi, the remora and add on are great. Lots of white tubular things growing in it. I assume they are sponges. Is that ok?

Thanks!

G1GY
11-22-2004, 06:58 AM
I just changed to a Remora (not the pro) and it's skimming like crazy! :biggrin: I had a sea clone before that was working fairly well after doing some mods, but the Remora has impressed me after only 2 day's of operation.

raquel
02-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Hi, Just a quick question about the mag pump that came with my remoroa pro. I just did some maintenance on it but when I screwed the cap back on I arranged it so the outake tube is more upright . DOes that compromise anything? May be a dumb question...

Raquel

Ruth
10-10-2005, 05:41 PM
So I just bought an aqua C remora pro and set it up yesterday on my 24g. At first it seemed to skim and get a little in the collection cup but then it just stopped producing anything for the cup. It still bubbles away it is just that the bubbles don't seem to flow over the neck into the cup. I have tried adjusting the height of the cup but nothing. Do these things take a few days to get broken in or do you just have to keep fiddling with the cup height?

christyf5
10-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Give it at least 24-48 hours, then start fiddling :wink:

kens1
10-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Wait a few days for it to break in. You will also notice that putting your hands in the tank will cause it to stop working briefly and produce some micro bubbles. Actually, I find it will produce micro bubbles for an hour after cleaning the collection cup as well.
I was impressed with this skimmer from the start but since I added a sump to my system (with the intention of getting an in sump skimmer) this thing is working overtime. I am pulling more skimate a day and it has gone from tea colored to dark dark greeny black. As long as it works this well I will be keeping it.