PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Help

Jason McK
02-20-2004, 02:42 AM
I just finished my new sump (with Jacks help, Thanks Jack)
I put my Red sea Berlin skimmer in and it began running as normal. With in a few hours it was not producing any bubbles at all. Admittedly I had some flex tubing that was in the drain pipes and they were well below the water level.
I have since cut them down so that they are just at the waters surface. But no bubbles. I can blow into the air intake to produce bubbles but when I stop there is no suction for intake.
With my drain hose mod should I just wait a bit or could you suggest a way to start the suction again

I'm planning on upgrading to a OA skimmer so I really don't want to spend a lot of time or money to get this one working

Thanks
Jason

Jason McK
02-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I feel quit stupid. But after 1.5 years with the Red sea Berlin skimmer I finally read ( Really Read the instructions) It says in there that you need to clean it. I'm such a dolt. I have always cleaned the pump the collection cup and the chamber, but I didn't even know there was a venturi in the thing. After removing shrimp molts and a pound of deleterious slim the thing works great. OK Lesson learned.

J

Dale D
02-20-2004, 06:23 PM
I was just going to post check the venturi air inlet. :lol:

That and a plugged venturi water inlet are about all that can go wrong with those things to stop them working. I find that the air inlet gets plug by calcium build up overtime. Glad to see you got it figured out. :biggrin: