PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Tank maker

mark
02-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Some slagging of Interamerican on RDO and these guys were mentioned.

http://www.aquariumobsessed.com/

LostMind
02-20-2004, 12:09 AM
I cant find that on rdo. can you find me a link to it pls? I was considering a tank from IA.

Bob I
02-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Some slagging of Interamerican on RDO and these guys were mentioned.

http://www.aquariumobsessed.com/

WTF is slagging. :question:

Quinn
02-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Slagging is synonymous with dissing, bashing, trashing, generally insulting.

Some people have reported serious issues with IA, while others, including myself, have no qualms with them. In fact I'm not aware of any Canadian buyer who had problems.

That AO site looks interesting, I'd like to see what they charge for a Starphire tank.

Delphinus
02-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Bob, think of it as "complaining."

Quinn, I think they're comparable... The only thing is they're in Toronto. A number of the folk over at aquaria.ca have tanks from them; makes sense geographically if you're in Ontario or Quebec I suppose.

monza
02-20-2004, 01:12 AM
no slagging from me passing on only for info

http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45609

Quinn
02-20-2004, 01:23 AM
Pretty brutal story. I've heard about missed deadlines and poor measurements but never the aggression and overcharging...

Chin_Lee
02-20-2004, 04:10 AM
I thought I might share with you my current experience with AI and hopefully people will learn from it if this is not what you expect.

I ordered my 180 gallaon starphire with external overflow with Mitch on Dec 2nd and was bill the correct amount on Dec 3rd. I was promised that it would get to me by Xmas. :razz:
First week of January, I called to find out whats happening, Mitch apologized and said it will be next week. :neutral:
Third week of January, same thing......... next week. :confused:
First week of Febuary, same thing ......... next week. :frown:
Second week of Febuary, he says its already built and he will get it to me by the end of the week. :mad:
This third week of Febuary, still nothing. I'm ready to call him again but hesitant cuz I don't want to get something I didn't order. :agrue: :evil:
Mitch makes A LOT of promises ..... haven't kept one yet. :exclaim:
Thats my experience so far and I'm still waiting for a tank that I paid almost three months ago. :2gunfire:

IF you are not in a rush and made of patience, order from AI. If not, please reconsider. I'm lucky so far because my work has been so busy it has no really affected me but I am really not too impressed. :snipersm:

trilinearmipmap
02-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Seems like common sense that people shouldn't bill you until a product is shipped.

There is a time limit for you to get a credit card charge reversed. Phone your credit card company now. If the time limit expires (I think it is 3 months but I might be wrong) you are out of luck.

LostMind
02-20-2004, 08:15 AM
The credit card company will ask you to resolve the issue with the merchant.

It is very hard to get a chargeback put thru in Canada.

AJ_77
02-20-2004, 01:35 PM
doh...

AJ_77
02-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Gonna try to stick to the thread here... sounds like a fresh alternative to the frustrations faced by some, but not a lot of information on their website yet. I guess time will tell.

Nothing litigious here, is there?
:biggrin:

Bob I
02-20-2004, 03:56 PM
I ordered a tank from Mitch some time ago. It was ready for pickup when promised. I paid for it when I picked it up. :mrgreen:

mark
02-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Guess I started this post a little wrong.

I hadn't come across Aquarium Obsessed before and wanted to bring attention to another Cdn tank maker / supplier.