PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

Proteus
12-22-2011, 04:42 AM
I have in one corner of my tank a killer. There are long sweeper that are out during the day. They are about 8" long on seem to come from the rock. They have formed a Matt or web. But also free flows. So far it has claimed 2 stags and a birdnest in a Matter of a day.

Short of ripping my Ripped apart to boil it is there any solution or even some experience with such

Ryan_Lap
12-22-2011, 04:44 AM
Not sure what you are describing when you describe this "killer"? Any pics?

The Grizz
12-22-2011, 04:49 AM
Could it be something like this?

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=81199

Proteus
12-22-2011, 04:50 AM
Tried to get pics But they were worse than my description. but it simply looks like Lps sweeper flowing in the water but coming from the rock

Proteus
12-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey grizz I actually have one of those worms on a clam but it seem to be harmless. The sweepers don't come from any tubal just off the rock. They are very thin lile a micro filiment. And clear to whit in color. I guess the best thing will be to romove rocks and boil

daniella3d
12-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Maybe you can just cave it in with epoxy? so it won't be able to come out and will die there?

Hey grizz I actually have one of those worms on a clam but it seem to be harmless. The sweepers don't come from any tubal just off the rock. They are very thin lile a micro filiment. And clear to whit in color. I guess the best thing will be to romove rocks and boil

Proteus
12-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Maybe you can just cave it in with epoxy? so it won't be able to come out and will die there?

I thought about this but even then I have to pull rock out to ensure I get it all. I have moved and fragd what's left of coral.

I did read a article about strand like creatures that are related to jellyfish and pack a potent sting I wonder if this might be similar

Proteus
12-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Could it be digitate hydroids

I thought they were filter feeders. Can they be bad

daniella3d
12-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Are you sure it's that creature that is killing your SPS? Is is only limited to areas where the tentacles are touching? or do you see it somewhere else?

Proteus
12-22-2011, 04:22 PM
I am positive. It's confined to one spot and the yellow stag was only affected on the bottom side where the tentacle could reach. The other stag was surrounded buy the tenticals. Since I've fraged what was left and so far so good

Proteus
12-22-2011, 06:45 PM
So this morning I took the rock apart and found that there were half dozen or so pockets with worm like tubes sticking out. I injected these tubes with H2O2. And let it sizzle away. I have now put all back together and I will patiently wait to see what happens