PDA

View Full Version : Tiger pistol shrimp and Yellow watchman

ruck'n'reefer
02-19-2004, 08:22 PM
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/12pistol-med.JPG?2674

Still wanting to pair up the watchman! :smile:

Son Of Skyline
02-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Nice! How often do you actually see these two? Do they spend most of their time in their hole? I've been thinking of getting a pistol shrimp/watchman goby but I figured I would never see them so I haven't bothered.

ruck'n'reefer
02-19-2004, 10:47 PM
If I watch the tank for a few minutes I will see them both. It is rare not to see them sometime during the day. The shrimp is continually mending the tunnels. Inside and out. The watchman is almost always at one of the tunnel entrances. If I make any quick movement he shoots into the hole. But is also protective of the entrance. He will chase my sixline or yellow tang with mouth wide open.

Well worth adding a pair to your tank. The shrimp does move alot of sand, causing rock, and corals (placed in/on the sand) to move.

Pistols/gobies are my fav's.

BTW I tried to pair the watchman with the red and white pistol shrimps, several times with no luck. He paired with the tiger almost instantly.

Dorkel Marine 1
02-24-2004, 05:29 AM
Can i ask where you purchased this lovely couple. Awesome. I can't wait to get my pair.

George

ruck'n'reefer
02-24-2004, 10:54 PM
I purchased them separately. I got the watchman from Pet Lovers in Abby, I have seen similar shrimp at king ed.

As in the previous post try to get a tiger pistol, for a watchman.

Dorkel Marine 1
02-25-2004, 05:55 AM
Thanks. I'll have to get out more and check out King Ed more.

George