PDA

View Full Version : LR hitch hiker

apexifd
12-21-2011, 05:30 AM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss67/apexifd/366d24fd.jpg

this is the newest one I found, and that's #5 now... there are still a few attach to the rock.

best looking free plate coral so far... with some yellow on this one.

bvlester
12-21-2011, 05:51 AM
where did you get the rock from maybe someone else can find some?????

lastlight
12-21-2011, 05:56 AM
If these are the same things as I've seen in another reefer's tank they spread like the plague. Looks exactly the same but I could be wrong.

apexifd
12-21-2011, 06:06 AM
where did you get the rock from maybe someone else can find some?????

can't help you on that one... the rocks are came from someone else, and he got it from someone else.. I think this is just luck.

If these are the same things as I've seen in another reefer's tank they spread like the plague. Looks exactly the same but I could be wrong.

these are plate coral for sure. all 5 that detached and I collected so far, this is the best one there is. And they keep regrow from the same spot.

STANKYfish
12-21-2011, 06:54 AM
these are plate coral for sure. all 5 that detached and I collected so far, this is the best one there is. And they keep regrow from the same spot.[/quote]

Plate coral????? I dunno....thought they liked the sand bed. Looks more like a mushroom or some kind of ricordia to my untrained eye :wink:

apexifd
12-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Plate coral????? I dunno....thought they liked the sand bed. Looks more like a mushroom or some kind of ricordia to my untrained eye :wink:

they have skeletons, a mouth in the center, feeding tentacles, and still small..

and all plate coral grow on the rock initially, and they will detached itself from the rock when they need to.

and yes, I thought they are some sort of unwanted pest on the rock at first, but until they starts to detach themselves and get on the sand bed