These things are a very purpleish color in person:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/christinadouma149/IMG_3582.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/christinadouma149/IMG_3581.jpg

xtreme
12-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Aptasia. Kill em quick!

reefgirl189
12-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Dammit. Aren't they really hard to get rid of?

reefgirl189
12-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't have any calcium to inject them with. The best I can do is take their host rock out and boil it.

Wayne
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM
If you have a clean needle and some concentrated lemon juice you can inject them and take them out that way :) Or Kalk paste through a bigger syringe or turkey baster very gently.

STANKYfish
12-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Get a pepermint shrimp, if you have alot of them then get a few pepermints. Natural deffences are the best.

reefgirl189
12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
If you have a clean needle and some concentrated lemon juice you can inject them and take them out that way :) Or Kalk paste through a bigger syringe or turkey baster very gently.

Think I could try it with lime juice instead?

Borderjumper
12-18-2011, 11:50 PM
If there is only a few just clip off that piece of the rock.. It's better if you don't even mess with them! If you make them mad they will come back a vengeance!

reefgirl189
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Get a pepermint shrimp, if you have alot of them then get a few pepermints. Natural deffences are the best.

Def picking up some of those once the tank is cycled. Good tip.

Wayne
12-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Think I could try it with lime juice instead?

That I don't know... I would try it though :biggrin: according to this they are very similar http://www.diffen.com/difference/Lemon_vs_Lime

reefgirl189
12-19-2011, 12:12 AM
That I don't know... I would try it though :biggrin: according to this they are very similar http://www.diffen.com/difference/Lemon_vs_Lime

I actually ended up trying it. I found about 15 of these suckers once I got going. I turned off all the powerheads but left the sump return pump going. Once injected they shrivelled right up into themselves. I think I'll have to do several treatments to really knock them out. I guess I'll see.

I should have experimented. I mean, try lime juice on one, cranberry on another, so on.. haha. What's the harm? I'm only cycling right now and I don't stand to lose too much, right? :biggrin:

Wayne
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Next thing you know you will be vodka to the mix to really get the party started :lol:

Lampshade
12-19-2011, 12:43 AM
I used lime juice with no problems, only used one syringe full at a time (5mL). The big thing that makes the difference is to make sure that you inject them so they fill up like a balloon. If you squirt the area around them, or stick the needle right through them, it won't work. With the kalkwasser mixed with water it seemed to work a little better and slightly more forgiving. Generally if you stay on it and do it when you see them it's not that bad. I let it get out of control for a bit because they weren't really bugging corals. Even though they weren't bugging them it just helped them spread better and then became a problem, and a real pain to try and control again.

reefgirl189
12-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Next thing you know you will be vodka to the mix to really get the party started :lol:

Lol. Yeah there was some vodka involved but it didn't go into the aquarium... yet.
Still no sign of the juiced pests. I have to admit that I didn't inject them though. I just blasted them square in the mouth. It was acutally kind of fun and I'm secretly hoping they come back so I can do it again.

vanreefer
12-19-2011, 02:01 AM
I had success moving the rock to a bucket... injecting lime juice in the "foot" or lower body then sucking them off the rock with a baster... did a few in the tank for those rocks I couldn't take out... injecting into them is the key

Have fun
VR

Wayne
12-19-2011, 02:35 AM
I just blasted them square in the mouth. It was acutally kind of fun and I'm secretly hoping they come back so I can do it again.

I feel the same way :twised: