PDA

View Full Version : I finally found a sexy Efflo

Myka
12-18-2011, 05:09 PM
I bought this piece a couple days ago. I couldn't tell what it was when I bought it because it was mounted vertical, and with cut edges it just looked funny. Now I have it mounted in my tank horizontal I thought, "Holy [shibby], it's an Efflo!" It is a Bali aquaculture piece so I went hunting around, and found this:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+6&ddid=138963

That's the exact same piece I have. I got my piece from Bayside Corals. Dang, I love Bayside Corals. :D

I browned mine out a bit by dipping it...can't wait to see the color once it settles in. It does have a faint green base still (was brighter before I dipped it), but the camera doesn't show it.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Dec182011.jpg

Aquattro
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Looks nice! I've seen lots of efflos come in lately, all mounted vertically.

Myka
12-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Looks nice! I've seen lots of efflos come in lately, all mounted vertically.

Yeah, it weird when they do that because all the corallites start leaning. They look funny.

fishoholic
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Nice :thumb:

Zoaelite
12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Haha the elusive "Holy [shibby]" moment!

Not recommended for people with high blood pressure, anxiety or that are currently on anti-shibby medication.

Great snag, I'm expecting color up photoz :razz:.

reefermadness
12-18-2011, 06:19 PM
I think I scored the same one here. Seems everyone is getting mari-cultured from the same places these days.

Mine is still (hopefully), colouring up.

This is my 3rd try to find a nice efflo so I would be stoked if these turns out to be a beauty.

Zoaelite
12-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Color up photos apply to you as well :razz:.

Myka
12-18-2011, 07:47 PM
I will post color up pics for sure. :) How's your looking Darryl...any green on the base?

dreef
12-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Looking good Mindy..almost as nice as the one Brandon has. I gave him a frag before i lost it :( but i have a nice chunk from him to grow out again.

rastaangel
12-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Nice score... I missed out on that whole shipment...
Must be nice to have PE like that :mrgreen:

Starry
08-12-2012, 12:18 AM
How about a recent shot? Curious how its progressing.

reefermadness
08-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Hopefully Mindy will respond.

As far as mine it hasnt got the green in the body...more creamy brown. The growth rim has nice blue though...it actually looks pretty good. Best out of my past 2 or 3 that I've tried. It would be nice it gets a nice green....

Myka
08-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Hopefully Mindy will respond.

As far as mine it hasnt got the green in the body...more creamy brown. The growth rim has nice blue though...it actually looks pretty good. Best out of my past 2 or 3 that I've tried. It would be nice it gets a nice green....

Mine is the same, I'm pretty disappointed in it. I'm hoping it will color up, but I don't have much faith at this point.

reefermadness
08-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Mine is the same, I'm pretty disappointed in it. I'm hoping it will color up, but I don't have much faith at this point.
Greg Carrol who has one of the nicest efflos once wrote that it took 2yrs for his efflo to get the green in the body.....dont be discouraged too much.

Overall Im still happy with the way mine has turned out and will not be ditching it like the rest.