PDA

View Full Version : I need aptasia :)

Borderjumper
12-13-2011, 03:39 AM
If anyone local has some heavily infested rock.. Im interested! I will buy or trade clean DRY rock for some.. Ive got some really nice pieces of plate and shelf rock. My berghia nudies are taking off finally, and I cant grow aptasia fast enough LOL
PM or text me those that have my number

chandigz
12-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Hey Shelly, I'll get a hold of my brother down there. I know he had lots. I'm coming down to vic for X-mas and I can bring you a bunch as well. PM me your number i'll get him to give you a call if he has some.

Borderjumper
12-13-2011, 05:15 AM
Pm sent Chandler, and much appreciated! How are yours doing?

It would be wicked to get a couple colony's of these established on the island.. As they do tend to eat themselves to death by starvation!

windcoast reefs
12-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Hey I have a few chunks of live rock that are covered in aptasia. Let me know if your interest.

monocus
12-13-2011, 06:54 PM
you have to make yourself a aptasia tank-if you are going to breed berghia pick up dane bergers book on breeding berghia-he has a lot of good ideas in there.i currently have a 30 gal aptasia tank running(12x10x40)which i abuse and feed every night.right now my berghia population is over 100 with about 60 egg strands,and am going to be setting up another aptasia tank.remember you have to feed the aptasia and abuse them at lights out for them to release their daughter cells

BigAl07
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
remember you have to feed the aptasia and abuse them at lights out for them to release their daughter cells

That almost makes it worth while right there LOL