PDA

View Full Version : lost one fish to pop eye now one has hole in the head anythin to cure it?

Daniel475
12-13-2011, 01:50 AM
so my last post i was trying to fix pop eye was treating with laguana melafix i know its way stronger and i was just using the recommended dosage for the tank but maybe it was to much and stressed him? his eye did look better in the few days he was treated.. now ive noticed one of them have hole in the head just starting? is there anything i can do to cure this??? i cleaned out my canister filter like a week ago im thinking the bacteria may be a little low but ive been using cycle to help with the low good bacteria levels?

any help would be great

thanks
daniel

Finisher604
02-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Regular water changes phosphate media remover. Clean the filter more often

Aquarium_Medics
02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
I agree.

Finisher604
04-09-2012, 03:27 AM
I had the same issue on my ciclid 90 gallon tank. Bi weekly water changes of 20 gallon + filter cleaning and all the other stuff and it went Away

Nano
04-09-2012, 03:36 AM
Wouldn't be Oscars by any chance would they? They are fairly prone to hole in head. But clean water is key
I also use a mixture of carbon, chemi pure elite, and phosban+ammonia remover in my canisters, then mostly bio and mechanical filtration in my aquaclears.