PDA

View Full Version : New 150 Cube up and running

b_james
12-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Well after the disater we had with out 93gal cube, I did what most other hobbiest would do... go buy a bigger tank:mrgreen:. We purchased a Marineland Deep Dimension 150 cube with monterey stand and Model 2 sump filter. We are also running CO2 through a milwakee controller (pH 6.5), 2 Radion LED fixtures set to a 24hour lighting/mon cycle, auto water top-off using RO (tap water for changes), Vortech MP40 for circulation and controlled by lighting for night setback. Here are som pics

Delphinus
12-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Looks fantastic! That's some serious tech for a FW setup. :lol:

Question about the CO2, how do you inject it, what kind of reactor do you use (if any)? I tried to run CO2 in my 65g planted tank (with a sump) but I was going through an enormous amount of CO2 to lower pH suitably because I think it was gassing off from the sump.

cale262
12-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Looks awesome...also looks like a SW system turned HT planted...are you actually injecting CO2? If you are I think you'll have a hard time as Delphinus has posted, with the sump setup/surface agitation you'll gas it all off...on the plus side, the plants you've chosen are low light & less dependant on CO2 (Anubias etc.) a simple alternative would be to use a liquid carbon such as Seachem Excel, Just be careful with the dose as the Anubias will melt away if you add too much.

b_james
12-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Looks fantastic! That's some serious tech for a FW setup. :lol:

Question about the CO2, how do you inject it, what kind of reactor do you use (if any)? I tried to run CO2 in my 65g planted tank (with a sump) but I was going through an enormous amount of CO2 to lower pH suitably because I think it was gassing off from the sump.

I am using a Aquatic Life Reactor 1000 in the sump. The CO2 is injected from the 10lbs bottle through the regulator and into the reactor. about 3 bubbles/second. I am using the Milwakee pH controller and have it set for 6.5. I am still trying to lower my PH to 6.5. I also have almond Leaves in the tank that should help lower the pH. I will see how much Co2 I end up going through.

Skimmerking
12-12-2011, 08:17 PM
dude I was looking at those was that bought at Big Al's if not where and could you PM me the price of them, lookingfor a smaller one

Hustler
12-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Looks awesome.... Those plants are going to Explode :)