PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 9002 Micro Bubbles

reefcat
12-10-2011, 02:17 AM
I purchased a tunze 9002 skimmer about 2 months ago and read everything about it in the manual and it is skimming wonderfully. Except for one thing... The MICRO BUBBLES!! These things are ruining my system making the water cloudy and the bubbles accumulate everywhere and it's just a bad scene. It's past the break-in period so thats out I'm thinkin of turning the air screw down a bit but every ones oppinions would be greatly appreciated. :D

reefcat
12-10-2011, 07:03 PM
BUMP

toytech
12-10-2011, 07:30 PM
If its skimming whell turning the screw down will just mess with your skimming whats you water level like i have the water level just above the magnet on mine and i have no problems

Coralgurl
12-10-2011, 07:39 PM
I'm not thrilled with my tunze at all. Mine is in my tank as I don't have a sump, have micro bubbles as well not as bad as it has been in the past, have had it since august. I don't have a heavy bio load in my tank, find I don't have to clean for at least a month and has never gotten even half full. I've adjusted it's height in the tank and dropped the water level off, if I go over the line, it doesn't seem to work.

lastlight
12-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I had mine in compartment 1 of a solana. I put a few layers of filter floss before compartment 2 and that prevented the micro bubbles from getting into the tank. Not sure your setup allows this? The filter floss did a lot more for my water quality (I replaced it often) than that skimmer ever did.

reefcat
12-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I keep my water line at the suggested water line. Not sure if I could put the filter floss in but I'll look into it. It has never really skimmed well, I don't have much of a bio load especially after the first time I turned it on. It filled half full in about 2 days and ever since it has just gotten maybe a teaspoon every week or so.

lastlight
12-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Do you have an auto topoff? I found it to be very sensitive to water level fluctuations.

reefcat
12-11-2011, 08:06 AM
I dont have an ATO but I do refill every night, the water level doesn't seem to move more than maybe 1-2cm