PDA

View Full Version : Pinpoint Monitors

born
12-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I had a question about the American marine pinpoint monitors.
Are you able to leave them turned ON constantly and keep them in say your sump to monitor the levels?

I have the salinity one and also getting the PH monitor, but just out of curiosity I was wondering if you could keep them on for a long period of time.

Besides the battery draining is there any other problems?

Thanks.

Madreefer
12-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I have never turned mine off.

born
12-07-2011, 11:25 PM
You just place the probes in your water and keep it on all the time?
Do you have to change the batteries often?

jr999
12-07-2011, 11:57 PM
You can get AC adaptors for the pinpoint monitors so you can do away with the battery. Under $10 and you are plugged in 24/7.

born
12-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Sweet. Ill pick up those adapters. But it doesn't mess the monitors up or do any other possible damage to anything?

Madreefer
12-08-2011, 12:29 AM
No it does effect anything. Just keep your probes calibrated. I personally have'nt had the best of luck with American Marine products. 2 wireless thermometers, ph monitor, orp controller all starting acting up within a year of use. My seperate ph controller hooked up to my calcium reactor started acting up and would'nt keep probe calibrated so I switched over to a Milwaukee controller. I know use the AM controller as ph monitor just so my media wont melt in my reactor. Sorry this all sounds confusing, but your answer is at the beginning of my post. Hope you have better luck with your AM products than I did. To add: the warranty was always good to me.

jr999
12-08-2011, 12:32 AM
No problems at all in 5+ years of use for my PH monitor using an adaptor. Only shut it off to change the probe.