PDA

View Full Version : Coral Beauty not cooperating

sully08
12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
I have a C.B angel in a 220g set up, I recently purchased a Bi-color angel and after quarentine I put him in with the C.B and a few others. The C.B pestered the Bi-color so bad that I thought he was finished. A fox face also went in at the same time and had no issues. The poor fish was so exhausted that he had nothing left so I scooped him up with my net. He now sits in my sump, swimming and eating. Should I try again in a couple weeks? Would the aggression eventually stop? or would the C.B eventually kill him. I know they are the same spieces of fish and this can some times happen.

Myka
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
This is pretty typical for Dwarf Angels. Even in a tank as big as yours it is not likely that they will ever get along. If you can catch the Coral Beauty and put it into a "breeder net" in the tank so it can see into the display tank that could help you acclimate the Bi-Color Angel to the reef. In a couple weeks when the Bi-Color has settled in and is fat and happy you could try releasing the Coral Beauty. This is your best bet, but still not likely to work.

Skimmerking
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Angels will do that Sully, however I have a 240 gal and i have 2 corals beauty's and a flame angel in there and they all get along. The 2 coral B's were in a tank together when i bought them. I believe that they are a pair too. They are always swimming around together. The flame and the CB's were added in the tnak the same time. However the mother Clown fish hates the flame angel too. but not every tank is the same remember.

Myka
12-07-2011, 05:07 PM
The 2 coral B's were in a tank together when i bought them. I believe that they are a pair too.

If they were introduced to each other while small they will be a pair. They sex change.

Skimmerking
12-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Mindy I don't know if they were in a tank together for long i watch the tank for like 45 mins and nothing happened. the tank had nothing but 1 little ornament

Lampshade
12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
My Coral Beauty is a big chicken. He hide's from everything in my tank including chromis. He definitely was a pain when he got in there, and was very aggressive for a week or 2. But once my tang/foxface teamed up he is barley seen, he hides in the rock most of the time.

reefwars
12-07-2011, 05:48 PM
seperae the 2 with eggcrate for a while and see if they can tolerate each other being in the same tank after a couple weeks , they may not as mentioned above, you can try to move your rockwork around but prob wont help a whole lot...sorry best i got

r.a.s.henson
12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
try scooping out the CB and switch it out with the bi-color and let it settle in the tank then maybe put the CB back in afterwards... just a thought...i had a bi-color before my flame and still got bullied but hes too settled before the flame so he knew exactly where to go when the chase starts up...