PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Reefers Logo Revival

Quinn
02-17-2004, 05:24 AM
So a while back I said I would finish my version... I'm finally getting around to it. Someone asked me to take a photo of a purple tang and use that in the logo. Here's that fish, two versions. I'd like some general opinions as to the fish itself for now, and later I'll put it into place in the logo if all goes well.

http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/clients/calgary%20reefers/tang2.gif

http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/clients/calgary%20reefers/tang2_2.gif

As I mentioned in the original threads, my main goal was to create a logo that would be cheap and easy to print. Certainly we can use more than one logo, it's not as if we're trying to create a brand here. But I thought I should finish up my part of the deal, maybe we can get T-shirts done or something.

The original threads are here:
http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5875&highlight=logo
http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5667&highlight=logo

Buccaneer
02-17-2004, 05:31 AM
Hey Quinn ... Ya remembered :lol:

I kinda like the second one but why dont we put it to a poll for a more acurate pick ?

Glad you decided to finish it off :cool:

Cheers

Quinn
02-17-2004, 05:40 AM
Done Steve. I should also note that the second one will probably be cheaper to print.

We are also not limited to a purple tang, obviously. If Moo would like to pose for a good shot...

IslandReefer
02-17-2004, 09:10 AM
Great logo....bright only 2 color...simple but realistic, just needs a shirt.
If you are looking for another tang to use try the vlamingii naso tang ...there are some good pics in the gallery.
..So mark me down for one XL purple tang shirt (or other) when I come through in July...bin there..dun that ..see the reefs ...get the T-shirt :mrgreen:

EmilyB
02-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Steve - take your sunglasses off mon - it's definitely number one ! :razz:

Quinn - MOO :question: :eek: We don't want to be shot on sight now do we..... :lol:

Hey John, great - more visiting geeks ! :cool:

Quinn
02-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Frankly with the more detailed/less iconic tang, the mountains look like crap, so I took them out. Opinions on this version?

http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/clients/calgary%20reefers/craclogo1.gif

You can see further possibilites at http://quinn.rdcpsych.org/clients/calgary%20reefers/cracpossibilities.gif. We could use one of the two slogans listed in the image on the back of the shirt, with the creators' permission (Tony and the other one I have no idea).

Deb, took me a while to get that one. :lol:

Delphinus
02-18-2004, 05:01 AM
I love the slogans! Nonreefers might not understand though .... I glue live animals to rocks. I have to use this in a conversation somehow.

Just a question though .... can we work something reefy into the logo? I dunno, an acro or something, not just a fish? (Just a thought..)

Quinn
02-18-2004, 05:15 AM
Sorry Tony, I checked with my people and we just don't think we can do it... just kidding! Does anyone have a good shot of a coral they'd like me to use? Preferably something that will fit nicely behind the tang. Probably an acro of some sort.

Yeah I am a big fan of both slogans. I think the nice thing about them is that they both demand that you be stopped and questioned regarding their message.

EmilyB
02-18-2004, 05:53 AM
x-nay on the ogan-slay for moi. :confused: SPS in the logo....well if we must.....can we put a skimmer in too !

No yellow shirts I hope Quinn?

Buccaneer
02-18-2004, 11:06 PM
....can we put a skimmer in too !

Only if it is a Beckett :razz: :cool:

Quinn
02-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Figured out that I got the "I glue live animals to rocks" quote from Fishinchick (Adrienne) on RC...

Still waiting for a good shot of a coral, or even a clam...

AJ_77
02-24-2004, 01:29 AM
I love the slogans! Nonreefers might not understand though .... I glue live animals to rocks. I have to use this in a conversation somehow.
Yeah, just try a different version of that:
"I glue animals to live rocks."

:question:

Buccaneer
02-26-2004, 07:58 AM
Just out of curiosity ... which sounds better ?

Calgary Reef Aquarium Club ( CRAC :razz: )

or

Calgary Marine Aquarium Club ( CMAC )

I thought that we might include the FOWLR folks if we used " Marine " instead of " Reef "

Cheers

Quinn
03-22-2004, 11:34 PM
So let's decide on a name... I say CMAC. If there is no opposition to this, I will revise the logo and present shirt purchase options.

AJ_77
03-23-2004, 01:32 AM
And for the Slogan? "Don't applaud. Just throw money."

naaahhhh... teevee has that one...

CMAC sounds fine, Quinn. Go hard.

Quinn
03-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Hmm, I like it Alan but I think we should stick with something reef related. So which of "I glue live animals to rocks" and "my next hobby..." do we prefer? Or is there another we can think of?

TANGOMAN
03-23-2004, 03:08 AM
I'm really confused :confused: . Now there's a first... :cool: I don't get glue thing. It reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live kinda humor. Perhaps I'm just lacking some of the 'ol stimulants... :cool: .
What's the difference between the first and the second anyway ? "I can't see the difference, can you see the difference..."
I like the CMAC version. Oh, I know, how about; Calgary Reef Aquarium People....uuuh, maybe not...

AJ_77
03-23-2004, 04:06 AM
how about: "plundering our beautiful oceans one at a time" ? (no wait, that's tuna trawlers...)

or how about: "sinking untold dollars into the local economy" ?

or: "is that a tank-raised Amphiprion ocellaris?"

or, or: "is that Joe's Juice on your pants, or are you just glad to see me?"

:biggrin:

(I hate slogans.)

EmilyB
03-23-2004, 04:16 AM
is that Joe's Juice on your pants, or are you just glad to see me?"

Got my vote :mrgreen: :cool:

Quinn
03-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Well, we don't have to have anything on the back at all, really, if that's the more popular option.

EmilyB
03-23-2004, 05:10 AM
I thought the back would have the large logo and the front a small logo as most do. :confused:

Buccaneer
03-23-2004, 05:12 AM
My next hobby will be ... gets my vote ... we all been there and done that :mrgreen:

Buccaneer
03-23-2004, 05:15 AM
Can still put the slogan above or below the logo on the back

Cheers

Quinn
03-23-2004, 05:28 AM
I will do up a few different versions and make them all available, how about that?