PDA

View Full Version : LF: Ascidians

Jenn_737700
12-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes, I am aware that they're really hard to keep and hard to find. If you have any or know where I can find some, please ket me know.:razz:

ScubaSteve
12-05-2011, 11:21 PM
I know you're trying to keep them for your nudi. I believe that species will also eat tunicates/ seasquirts. Try broadening your search, you might be more successful. You may also have to try a few different types of food.

Good luck and let me know if you find food for it. I'm excited to see if you succeed.

Jenn_737700
12-06-2011, 03:54 AM
After doing some research:

Nembrotha Chamberlaini has been observed feeding on the following:

-Blue sea squirts (Rhopalaea)
- Grape tunicates ( Oxycorynia fascicularis)
- Bluebell tunicates ( Clavelina moluccensis )

Tunicates are rarely seen in the aquarium world as they do poorly in captivity. They feed on suspended matter like zooplankton/phytoplankton and such. But, I'm not trying to keep it alive, am I? I read from multiple sources that tunicates sometimes hitchhike on LR or find their ways into LFS on other corals. I could also get someone to ship them for me ( It would be super expensive ) but tons of tunicates are on the AIS so maybe it won't be a problem...

Anyway, if anyone sees a colony of these little guys on their LR on in the LFS, please let me know!! :biggrin: