PDA

View Full Version : just added an orange hammer

imcosmokramer
12-04-2011, 05:20 AM
I really like how this coral looks under LEDs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_3PbBTj2JU

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Gorgeous. BTW, if you don't mind, how much did that set you back? (ballpark is fine). See that you're in Cleveland and wondering about comparative coral prices.

imcosmokramer
12-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Gorgeous. BTW, if you don't mind, how much did that set you back? (ballpark is fine). See that you're in Cleveland and wondering about comparative coral prices.

Oh, no worries. I actually traded for it, so I don't really have a price. I've never seen one at a store here. I'll post a few other things I got as well.

The Grizz
12-04-2011, 05:35 AM
I have seen these in a few LFS but the price was just to rediculas to justify buying it. Hope you got yours for a decent dollar, very nice.

I have seen a few small pieces in one Edmonton LFS ( overpriced store to boot ) for almost $100

paddyob
12-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I have seen these in a few LFS but the price was just to rediculas to justify buying it. Hope you got yours for a decent dollar, very nice.

I have seen a few small pieces in one Edmonton LFS ( overpriced store to boot ) for almost $100

You never paid a $100 for a coral?

The prices I saw on them in Edmonton was more than fair.

A large frogspawn at any lfs will be from 60-150 easy.

Orange is rare. I got the orange torch for the same as the regular ones. $35 at Aquarium Illusions and that was more than fair. AND MAN ITS AWESOME UNDER ACTINICS! I would have paid more!

Come on Greg you know rare = more cost.

The Grizz
12-04-2011, 04:49 PM
You never paid a $100 for a coral?

No I never have & never will.

The prices I saw on them in Edmonton was more than fair.

A large frogspawn at any lfs will be from 60-150 easy.

Orange is rare. I got the orange torch for the same as the regular ones. $35 at Aquarium Illusions and that was more than fair. AND MAN ITS AWESOME UNDER ACTINICS! I would have paid more!

Come on Greg you know rare = more cost.

Come on Patrick you know rare = one particular store's ability to rip you off even more.

imcosmokramer
12-04-2011, 10:11 PM
I'll post a video of my orange torch in a few days. It is sick.

paddyob
12-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Come on Patrick you know rare = one particular store's ability to rip you off even more.

Sure. Sounds personal.

I paid 35. Great price. And just to mention a plug for AI... The orange colonies they have are huge and amazing. Well worth the price.

Everyone has an opinion. No worries.

paddyob
12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I'll post a video of my orange torch in a few days. It is sick.

And worth the money. People pay what they feel is fair or they don't spend it.

shrimpchips
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Theyre fairly expensive even from the wholesalers - maybe a bit less direct, but I don't know. I bought a 6-head orange frogspawn for $120 from Sea U Marine which is a great price.

imcosmokramer
12-07-2011, 06:44 PM
but they are pretty...