PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 7096 controller question and night mode

Delphinus
12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Can someone explain to me how the night mode works on a Tunze 7096 controller? Just it just put the pumps on the low speed settings, or does it still vary them somehow (maybe at reduced peak settings?)

My Tunze 7095 has a night mode setting but for the life of me I can't figure out what it's doing. It still goes through the program settings as if it was still daylight and the timing doesn't appear to change either. I'm not sure if it just reduces the power output but still observes the high and lows on the timing settings. Whether it reduces the power is not obvious as the LED's still peak at the same points. It's possible the unit is old and not working well either, I've had it 6 or 7 years now and never really bothered playing with nighttime modes before now.

I'm considering switching to the 7096 but was hoping someone with one already who uses nighttime modes can maybe "shed some light" (haha punny) for me, please and thank you?

Coleus
12-02-2011, 08:23 PM
1) First 7096 is much better control than 7095 if you have a wavebox

2) Night mode, it slow down your pump and turn off the wavebox. However,the pulsing timing still stay the same

Delphinus
12-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. If I could do anything I would have the pumps slowed down (but retaining the pulsing) but keep the wavebox going. I guess I could keep the wavebox controller on its own. Why is the 7096 better for a wavebox than the wavebox controller itself?

Sounds like I should just pick one of these controllers up.. thanks again for the reply.

Coleus
12-03-2011, 05:01 AM
The reason i prefer 7096 because it has autotune feature for tuning your wavebox to the right frequency instead manually turn on the 7095 or the wave box controller. And it is so difficult to find the right frequency by dialing. Also it has the storm cycle :-)

Here is link to full review of this controller http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53403&highlight=tunze+7096