PDA

View Full Version : FS or FT: colony of zoa, umbrella leather

mexxedm
12-02-2011, 04:05 PM
I have two coral for sale or trade:
1. Umbrella leather $30.
2. Big zoa colony on 4lbs rock $80.
I just want to make space for my tank as they are huge.
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd371/mexxedm/trade.jpg

FishyFishy!
12-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Those look more like Paly's, not Zoas to me....Anyone else?

cale262
12-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Those look more like Paly's, not Zoas to me....Anyone else?

The only zoos I can see are on the very far left...

mexxedm
12-02-2011, 06:48 PM
The only zoos I can see are on the very far left...
Thank you for the correction. I always thought it was zoa. Thanks....

jjntm
12-02-2011, 07:19 PM
ya those are definitely paly's.... and they look brown... honestly I'd be shocked if you got $80 for them... not many ppl want brown in their tanks... the leather is a good price... but if you want that much for the paly's u are better off breaking it into 4+ and seeling for less each and you could get the $80 that way.

cale262
12-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Thank you for the correction. I always thought it was zoa. Thanks....

Zoa, zoo, zoanthid, zoantharia, zoanthidea...so many names:fadein:

Google is my friend.

mexxedm
12-02-2011, 08:23 PM
ya those are definitely paly's.... and they look brown... honestly I'd be shocked if you got $80 for them... not many ppl want brown in their tanks... the leather is a good price... but if you want that much for the paly's u are better off breaking it into 4+ and seeling for less each and you could get the $80 that way.
They are brown with green in the centre. With the night light, it actually glows pretty good.

mexxedm
12-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I am not sure what you are thinking about the price. However, LFS here Aquarium Illusions sells a mini colony, 1/3 of that size for $60. It's a pretty decent price. I paid $100 for it.

Zoaelite
12-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I am not sure what you are thinking about the price. However, LFS here Aquarium Illusions sells a mini colony, 1/3 of that size for $60. It's a pretty decent price. I paid $100 for it.

Hate to say it but you got severely ripped off if you paid $100 for a brown colony of the most common button polyps out there.

FishyFishy!
12-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Hate to say it but you got severely ripped off if you paid $100 for a brown colony of the most common button polyps out there.

Took the words right out of my mouth

cuz
12-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Talk about de-railed.....

FishyFishy!
12-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Talk about de-railed.....

De-railed... Or helping new reefers not get ripped off? :twised:

dc4
12-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Tank colors look great, glws!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

mexxedm
12-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks, people. That colony was actually posted on here before I had bought it. How come didn't anyone say anything. I bought it and I was selling it for less than what I paid. I just wanted to make space for my tank. Now folks speak up. I don't know if this is helping the new reefer or playing with him. I guess people are just too free now. There is no doubt that Canadian unemployment ratio is going up daily and, FYI, currently sitting at 7.4%.
Anyways, it is in the garbage bin now with the leather coral and galaxy coral.

mexxedm
12-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Tank colors look great, glws!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Thank you.

mexxedm
12-03-2011, 09:14 AM
After being harassed in this forum, I decided throwing those two items out.
Thanks.

Canuckgod420
12-03-2011, 04:29 PM
After reading the entire thread I dont believe anyone was harrasing you, they where simply letting you know that 80 bucks was too much for those paly's....throwing them in the garbage is more likely going to get you harrased, sell them for less and take a bit of a loss. Why throw out the leather?

This certainly seems a little childish.

And what the hell does canadas unemployment rate have to do with a colony of palys?

Very weird.

gobytron
12-03-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtrjhpvbKA

Canuckgod420
12-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Oh man thats funny....lol

jjntm
12-04-2011, 04:20 AM
why would you throw them out? why not give them away first instead of throwing them away? sorry to hear that you got ripped off man... but that tells me that you are not doing your research before buying any specimen! you had a good price up on the leather! and didn't see anything about the galaxy coral... but really? because you had something mislabeled and were simply corrected that is being harrassed? and out of frustration in finding out you got ripped off for not doing your due dilligence in finding out how much it's worth, which tells me that you probably don't research to find out if you can even care for it! wake the f@ck up man... do you like throwing $$ away? do you enjoy killing off the natural ocean reefs? if you really are that lazy then at the VERY least make a post asking for advice here on canreef, or reef central or even one of the 1000's of other reef sites like these and get opinions before buying **** and getting ripped off!!! or buying **** you can not care for!

throwing away live coral is ridiculous... ( I can see the brown polyps, they are like a weed!) but the leather and galaxy? u don't deserve to have a reef you whiny little B!TCH!!!!!!! go back to freshwater and leave the reefing to those of us willing to do our due dilligence and research before buying!!! as for you buying that from an LFS for $100 either the LFS is run by a crackerjack and you should name them on here so ppl know not to buy from them and continue keeping them in business!!! or you are full of **** and were trying to catch someone new to the hobby and you need to get lost!!!

I was sincerely letting you know they were mislabeled and you would have a hard time selling them for what you were asking... and that you were better off fragging them and asking less for each to try and get close to what you were asking! next time take the advice or ask further questions instead of making such STUPID RASH DECISIONS!!! and if you are gonna just get rid of them mod the ad to saying for trade or giving away for local pick up you dumb inbred #$%^#%$&%$^*I(O#$%#($IO^$I%^&#$%KI$K%Y$%^I&Y$%HGIHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefwars
12-04-2011, 04:28 AM
:deadhorse:

Madreefer
12-04-2011, 04:29 AM
:popcorn: Dammit i gotta go to work

Ryan_Lap
12-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Someone is mad.

Don't agree with throwing them out. Could have sold for a fair price. If the comments on here effect you that much in real life you need to seriously reevaluate things.

Borderjumper
12-04-2011, 04:34 AM
:popcorn: Dammit i gotta go to work
DAAAAM!! Beat me by 2 seconds.. It was going to be my first popcorn!!!!:mrgreen:

Oh well.. I didnt want to stir the pot..

reefwars
12-04-2011, 04:46 AM
carefull with throwing palys out in the garbage, they have a toxin that can be released and if you breath in the fumes it can turn you into a flesh eating raging angry zombie and then you run the risk of turning all your fish into scale eating fishombies or fombies .....it can also stunt your growth....just my opinion as i have no real scientific evidence so instead ill just repeat this whole paragraph again.....

carefull with throwing palys out in the garbage, they have a toxin that can be released and if you breath in the fumes it can turn you into a flesh eating raging angry zombie and then you run the risk of turning all your fish into scale eating fishombies or fombies .....it can also stunt your growth....just my opinion as i have no real scientific evidence so instead ill just repeat this whole paragraph again.....

dc4
12-04-2011, 04:52 AM
Whether or not the price was fair, all it takes is a simple pm to the OP explaining why, no need to bash the thread. :Banane35:

cuz
12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Whether or not the price was fair, all it takes is a simple pm to the OP explaining why, no need to bash the thread. :Banane35:

exactly!!!

jjntm
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I didn't feel that I bashed the thread in my original post. I felt I was trying to be helpful. in the future maybe it is best that I pm the op... but after being so stupid as to throw them in the garbage I felt the need to speak my mind! hell I have had stuff in my tank I didn't like that grew from live rock I had bought... when I cut it off I give it away!!! or take it to J&L and trade it in! why throw them away? do you flush fish or corals because "you want more space in your tank?" or you got too bored? that is complete F'n BS!!! and IMO those types of ppl DO NOT DESERVE TO HAVE AN AQUARIUM!

maybe I just need to go back to viewing threads and not posting my opinions...

on a better note... I have been admiring your tank thread for a while now cuz, and I must say it looks amazing!