PDA

View Full Version : iphone friendly controllers

reefgirl189
12-02-2011, 03:45 AM
Besides Neptune systems are any other controllers jumping on the iphone bandwagon? I think this would be a major selling feature for someone like me, who likes to travel.

Lampshade
12-02-2011, 04:18 AM
My homemade arduino controller does with pictures and data... but as for others, lots can post to an online site to get data from, or an open port on the router, so people make apps for them. LIke the dgital aquatics controller has an app called "myMobile Reef". check out some controllers and then doa search for them, lots around.

Blom
12-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Profilux has an app I believe, dont have an iphone though so I dont know what its like. I have it set up on my website to have access.

DAVE
12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I run the marinemad app for the Profilux unit. Amazing App! However, they are taking it off the market. Us Profilux users have been waiting for GHL to make there own app, but there is no progress to speak of.

However,

Some independent people are starting to design there own app for use with the Profilux, they are completing the Android version first, before the Iphone. My hope is that they can finish the IPhone app before my marinemad app goes down.

reefgirl189
12-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Some independent people are starting to design there own app for use with the Profilux, they are completing the Android version first, before the Iphone. My hope is that they can finish the IPhone app before my marinemad app goes down.

That would be ideal. I originally started looking at the profilux but because of the iPhone capability of the apex I am now strongly leaning towards them. It seems like a small reason to choose a certain controller over another but its a huge selling feature for me. I'm one of those people who loves doing everything from my phone.

Of course price is an issue that should be mentioned too. The difference between the two systems is a few hundred dollars. Is the more expensive system the better one in this case?

Aquattro
12-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Of course price is an issue that should be mentioned too. The difference between the two systems is a few hundred dollars. Is the more expensive system the better one in this case?

Kind of a loaded question. Is iphone better than android?

I have Apex/Android, and I'm completely happy with my purchase (of both :))

The extra money I saved on the controller went towards corals, win/win for me.

mr_alberta
12-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Digital Aquatics has an Iphone app for the Reef Keeper Elite w/ Net Module as well...

reefgirl189
12-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Digital Aquatics has an Iphone app for the Reef Keeper Elite w/ Net Module as well...

Really? News to me. Is it as easy to use as the Apex?

reefgirl189
12-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Ahh screw it. I'm just going to order an apex.