PDA

View Full Version : Fish in Coral

Scales
02-16-2004, 06:44 PM
I bought a large birdsnest colony from Wendell yesterday. It had a crab and what looked like a shrimp (more like a small lobster) living in its branches. Today, it appears that there is also a fish in there :eek: ??? It is definitely not the crab or shrimp/lobster specimen...I am having trouble getting a good look at it...I suspect a picture will be impossible...all I can say is it has dark markings, almost black looking...it is tough to even comment on its body shape, but it looks more "round" than "elongated"...

I would like to ID it but acknowledge this may be impossible...anyone have any comments, specifically something along the lines of "it is an "X" because they are often found in (birdsnest) coral colonies"....Ok, I know I am being optimistic about this magical answer, but I thought I would try....

I will "turkeybaste" some food in there and see if I can get a better look tonight.

Jack
02-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey Trevor

So you bought that pink birdsnest eh? Yah, it came in with a black clown goby. Really cool!!

He's been in there for 2 months so he'll be fine for feeding. You probably feed more than we feed our coral tanks anyways. I fed the coral tanks rotifers, bbs, and cyclop-eze so I think that was it's diet was mainly but they are hungry buggers anyways.

Good luck.

Scales
02-16-2004, 07:11 PM
That was easy! :biggrin:

Thanks Jack...

sumpfinfishe
02-16-2004, 11:29 PM
Trevor you have PM
Rich :biggrin:

Jason McK
02-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Lucky guy. That's a very cool fish. Kinda rare too.

J

Jack
02-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Yep, you don't see those too often. :mrgreen:

Scales
02-17-2004, 04:37 PM
I managed to get a good look at the fish last night and it is indeed a black goby...pretty cool looking...the three of them seem quite content in their coral colony and were pretty excited when I "basted" some food in there.

Chad
02-17-2004, 05:26 PM
hmm, makes me want to go buy a colony.. too bad it won't fit in my tank.. :evil: