PDA

View Full Version : atagema-intecta

Proteus
12-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Found one a 3" long nudibranch in my tank yesterday. I ID it as atagema-intecta.

I looked for info as for feeding and good or bad but could not find any.
Does anybody know

Aquaria
12-02-2011, 07:09 PM
The Rough Atagema (Atagema intecta) nudibranch was previously scientifically classified as Trippa intecta until a review of the genus by Valdés, A. & Gosliner,
T. M. (2001): Systematics and phylogeny of the caryophyllidia-bearing dorids (Mollusca, Nudibranchia), with the description of a new genus and four new species from Indo-Pacific deep waters. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society, 133: 103-198. Hence the species is no longer referred to as Trippa intecta and is known as Atagema intecta.
This species can be found throughout the waters of the Indo-western Pacific region and has been recorded in Indonesia, Japan, Vietnam, Hong Kong and in Australia. Its mantle is generally dark brown or deep red in colour and is cover in small tubercles. The rhinophores and gills are generally black and there are usually small white spots covering the mantle, gills and rhinophores. This species is known to feed on Iotrochota sp sponges. The Rough Atagema (Atagema intecta) nudibranch grows to a maximum length of approximately 5cm.
http://www.scuba-equipment-usa.com/marine/NOV04/Rough_Atagema(Atagema_intecta).html