PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Adventure @ Odyssium

mr_alberta
02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey everyone,

Just to let everyone know, Coral Reef Adventure is playing at the Odyssium. Click here for showtimes:

http://www.edmovieguide.com/theatres/imax.shtml

Has anyone seen this yet?

Beverly
02-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Haven't seen it yet. If this is the same one they are talking about that's out on DVD, I hear there may be footage of an anthias or two:

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8202

Bob I
02-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Haven't seen it yet. If this is the same one they are talking about that's out on DVD, I hear there may be footage of an anthias or two:

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8202

Yes, but just think, for $19.50 CDN. delivered to your door, you can fulfill your need to feast your eyes on bunches of Anthias. :multi:

Quinn
02-17-2004, 04:00 AM
A bunch of us saw it at Eau Claire in Calgary. The same shot of Dendronepthya, over and over... I felt it was lacking. Some people were more impressed, especially people on RC, some of whom really seemed to have been blown away. My advice is to go on a cheap day or as part of a package if you can, it probably isn't worth $20 on its own.

Nemain
02-17-2004, 02:29 PM
It made me want to vacation in figi! The pictures were breath taking, but seemed to be of the same things over and over and over and over. My daughter gave up saying * OHHH theres my coral* 15 minutes into the show :P

bulletsworld
02-25-2004, 10:45 PM
I seen it! I thought it was one of the best IMAX movies I had seen! Probably because it was something I love to see. Where else can you swim with the sharks and get the experience of the dive in deep parts of the ocean! It had some fun parts to, cool creatures, sound effects and absolutely breathtaking places. Made me want to travel badly! But it also made me open my eyes and remember that WOW, I have some amazing creatures in my tank from far away that I’m keeping in captivity. I think we take it for granted. Our friends are not from these parts and picked from there homes, placed with fish & inverts that have probably never seen each other before & have to get along, all for people like us to view for our own entertainment. Something to not take for granted for sure. But the IMAX was cool. I say, go see it! I really enjoyed it! I’m sure you will too.

mr_alberta
02-25-2004, 11:34 PM
I finally got to see it too. I thought it was ok, a little short though and I really didn't learn anything during the show. I did enter to win a trip to Figi.

Nemain
02-26-2004, 02:24 AM
OMG, I'M winning the trip to Fiji! :eek:

ABreefkpr
02-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Yes, but just think, for $19.50 CDN. delivered to your door, you can fulfill your need to feast your eyes on bunches of Anthias. :multi:
I think at the Odyssium they are asking $34.95 :eek:

Bob I
02-28-2004, 03:37 PM
I think at the Odyssium they are asking $34.95 :eek:

I have never yet been to an Imax theater, and if they charge $34.95 to see a movie I never will. :neutral:

ABreefkpr
02-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Bob the $34.95 is for the DVD.

Bob I
02-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Bob the $34.95 is for the DVD.

Oh I get it :mrgreen:

Trevor Robertson
03-04-2004, 10:02 PM
I have not been yet but I have my tickets booked for Tomorow, and the kicker for me is that my wife wanted to go :eek:

Well mabie she will see it and say hey our tank should look like that okay you can go and spend the $10 in our bank at the fish store!!! (yippi)

Well I will let you all know what I though about it soon.