PDA

View Full Version : Fish Spawning and LEDS

Madreefer
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Not something i'm worried about or care about just something I noticed. My clowns spawned on a regular basis. Added LEDS Sept 17 and the spawning has stopped. Pretty much same lighting schedule as my last light setup. I dont use the lunar program, if I use it my foxface swims around frantically and hurts itself on the dark nights. Must be scared of the dark. I'm not looking for answers but just something i've noticed and wanted to share.

BlueTang<3
11-29-2011, 05:00 PM
They must have been together as a couple for a while that seems to be the way it goes, after a few years the spawning almost completely stops
:wink:

sphelps
11-29-2011, 05:07 PM
They must have been together as a couple for a while that seems to be the way it goes, after a few years the spawning almost completely stops
Tell me about it...

Madreefer
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Tell me about it...

Haha I got it.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Hahahaha.

Sounds like the voice of experience there.

On a totally unrelated topic, how long have you been married sphelps?

Leah
11-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Tell me about it...

Thanks for the laugh.

Leah
11-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Hahahaha.

Sounds like the voice of experience there.

On a totally unrelated topic, how long have you been married sphelps?

Is that a question or an offer?

lastlight
11-29-2011, 09:11 PM
I laughed. I'm sorry!

Madreefer
11-29-2011, 09:32 PM

Yup. Those 2 CLOWN FISH have been together for at least 4-5 years.

The Grizz
11-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Another couple yrs and they will be in separate rooms :lol:.

Madreefer
11-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Or maybe the male has been sneaking off to the other side of the anemome and just worrying about himself.

Leah
11-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Or maybe the male has been sneaking off to the other side of the anemome and just worrying about himself.

Lets hope he waited at least till lights out.

Timbits
11-29-2011, 10:48 PM
clowns are very sensitive to changes. something as little as moving a coral, rescaping the tank, or even moving the furniture around the tank that its used to looking at can make them stop breeding. if you noticed they stopped breeding after you added leds then that is probably the reason why they stopped if there werent any other changes. but they should resume spawning again once they are used to the leds. please let us know if they resume spawning again! i've heard of clowns breeding in captivity over 10 years.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Pssst, Timbits,

He's NOT talking about "clownfish" anymore:wink::twised:

Madreefer
11-29-2011, 11:13 PM
clowns are very sensitive to changes. something as little as moving a coral, rescaping the tank, or even moving the furniture around the tank that its used to looking at can make them stop breeding. if you noticed they stopped breeding after you added leds then that is probably the reason why they stopped if there werent any other changes. but they should resume spawning again once they are used to the leds. please let us know if they resume spawning again! i've heard of clowns breeding in captivity over 10 years.

As I said, I dont really care as i'm not breeding them anyways. Just something I observed. They just eat them as soon as they hatch anyways. I dont have the time or desire to start getting in to breeder tanks and trying to get rid of the fry.

reefgirl189
11-30-2011, 01:01 AM
Tell them to read up on some Dan Savage together.