PDA

View Full Version : Flame & Bi-Color Angelfish Compatibility

Pinchy
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Hello all,

I have an oceanic 72 gallon bowfront mixed reef that currently houses a Flame Angelfish. Could i get away with adding a Bi-Color Angelfish as well? I would also be putting a 6 line wrasse in at the same time as the angel.

Thanks again for the help!:mrgreen:

fishoholic
11-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Probably not, angels can be very aggressive towards one another. I just added a fisheri angel to my 230g tank that already had a flame angel in it and my flame angel keeps attacking the fisheri angel. It's only been 2 days so I'm hoping they'll be ok (you'd think a 230g would be big enough for 2) but for now the fisheri has a little rock cave he's been hiding away in and any time he ventures out to far the flame goes after him.

Myka
11-28-2011, 01:49 AM
I agree, it is not likely they would tolerate each other -especially in that size tank, and especially because the Flame Angelfish is already settled in the tank.

jtbadco
11-28-2011, 01:56 AM
I have heard of people using a mirror to provide an alternate target for the aggressive fish. Once the fish sees his reflection as a threat he may lose focus on the other angel.

I have never tried it myself but another member Grip has used this method to successfully introduce multiple tangs.

HTH
Blaine

mark
11-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Had a Flame Angel and Coral Beauty together for a bit. When first added the FA the CB (who I had for just about year and half prior) was showing a bit of aggression for a couple of weeks then everything thing settled right down. Couple of months later though did wake up to find the Flame 1/2 eaten under a rock, no idea why, every thing seemed perfect the night before. Can't be positive but wouldn't say it was the Coral Beauty.

Whole time have had a 6-line and it couldn't have cared less of either of them.