PDA

View Full Version : best price for ecotech radion in Canada?

Reef-Geek
11-26-2011, 04:33 AM
any one knows?

martinmcnally
11-26-2011, 04:47 AM
any one knows?

EcoTech has a very strict Minimum Advertised Price of $825 in Canada. You won't see it any cheaper because no one is allowed to sell for less than that.

Martin

Reef-Geek
11-26-2011, 05:51 AM
EcoTech has a very strict Minimum Advertised Price of $825 in Canada. You won't see it any cheaper because no one is allowed to sell for less than that.

Martin

I think I have seen their pumps are on sale on boxing days, I know they have a very strict minimum advertised price, but in the states some online retailers sell the radions with 10% or 15% off including aquacave, so I just wonder if same thing can happen in Canada

MarkoD
11-26-2011, 01:24 PM
They're the apple of the fish world. Prices are pretty strict

Reef Pilot
11-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Isn't price fixing against the law here?

MarkoD
11-26-2011, 03:50 PM
What apple does is, they make the cost same as the retail price. And then give the murchant a kick back for each unit sold.

sphelps
11-26-2011, 03:53 PM
No and in fact it's no such a bad thing. Without it home based retailers could sell certain items much cheaper than actual stores as they have no overhead. It's to protect the real businesses out there.

gmckay
03-10-2013, 11:35 AM
No and in fact it's no such a bad thing. Without it home based retailers could sell certain items much cheaper than actual stores as they have no overhead. It's to protect the real businesses out there.

Price fixing is against the law. MAP does not preclude a retailer or an online entity from selling at a lower price. They just cannot advertise it.

This is why you may see "call for price quote" shown on an advertised item that is subject to MAP price agreements.