PDA

View Full Version : Radion Owners - Please Help

tgrover
11-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Any new Radion owners who know their stuff when it comes to lighting and programming? A few of us are looking for help. We have a thread at the Ecotech forum:

http://community.ecotechmarine.com/ecotechmarine/topics/custom_radion_program_sharing?utm_content=topic_li nk&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification

Really, all we need is an understanding of how to program the light spectrum, intensity (kelvins?), and time frames for optimum coral growth. SPS and some people are looking for LPS.

Can anyone help?

Motorfranco
11-28-2011, 06:29 AM
tried to play with the programming then figured it's easier just use the default settings and only change the day start time and night start time.unless someone shared his project file,otherwise I won't play with programming any more,everything looks great now for me.

mikejrice
11-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Responded to that thread.

Michael Rice
Marine Engineers Aquarium Blog
Sent from Tapatalk so excuse my poor English

tinman
02-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Just got mine last weekend is the natural mode working now as mine seems to be working incorrectly but really good in artificial mode.

toxic111
02-02-2012, 03:01 AM
Just saw this, now bookedmark at ecotech

Reef Pilot
02-02-2012, 03:52 AM
The software is still pretty glichy. But I have managed to program moonlighting into the Natural mode. Still only running max 35% with my 3 Radions. Don't have any SPS yet, but seems to work pretty well with my softies and LPS.

unclesalty
02-02-2012, 03:36 PM
I have left mine in the artifical mode for now until the natural mode update is released. It sounds like there will be a few upgrades coming eventually including: better coloring in natural mode, moonlights, wireless programming, and Mac compatibilty.

Rice Reef
02-03-2012, 04:50 AM
I have left mine in the artifical mode for now until the natural mode update is released. It sounds like there will be a few upgrades coming eventually including: better coloring in natural mode, moonlights, wireless programming, and Mac compatibilty.

I also have mine on artificial. I was not aware of new upgrades coming up but certainly exciting, especially the wireless programming. For now, I am using a USB adapter and another usb cable which cost me $1 each at the local dollar store. Where did you find the news of the upcoming upgrades?

unclesalty
02-03-2012, 04:59 AM
I also have mine on artificial. I was not aware of new upgrades coming up but certainly exciting, especially the wireless programming. For now, I am using a USB adapter and another usb cable which cost me $1 each at the local dollar store. Where did you find the news of the upcoming upgrades?

I read about them mostly on RC and Ecotechs forum. They said when they released the Radion that there will be lots of upgrades in the future.

Rice Reef
02-03-2012, 05:02 AM
I read about them mostly on RC and Ecotechs forum. They said when they released the Radion that there will be lots of upgrades in the future.

Thanks! I'll have a look...

unclesalty
02-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Thanks! I'll have a look...

You will need a week to read all the Radion threads on RC! lol
Heres something I just found a few minutes ago

"Ecotech has said they are likely to release the Mac version of their software in the near future. It'd be nice if they had a concurrent release with the Windows version but at least they are working on it"

This is a quote from Johnathon at Ecotech
"The next software release will allow the LEDs (while extremely dim) to run evenly between clusters. The new release will have a software tuning procedure that will allow you to get your light(s) running at the lowest level achievable with the number of LEDs that the fixture contains. The light level achievable will be lower than they currently are. At this point, I do not have a release date scheduled for the new release, but you can look forward to it some time in the near future."

Rice Reef
02-03-2012, 05:43 AM
You will need a week to read all the Radion threads on RC! lol
Heres something I just found a few minutes ago

"Ecotech has said they are likely to release the Mac version of their software in the near future. It'd be nice if they had a concurrent release with the Windows version but at least they are working on it"

Lol u r prob right. Will there be a mobile software... iPhone/iPad or android? Have u heard of a controller that would work with the radions and mp40/60's?

unclesalty
02-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Lol u r prob right. Will there be a mobile software... iPhone/iPad or android? Have u heard of a controller that would work with the radions and mp40/60's?

Never heard anything about controller compatibilty. I would guess in time GHL and the Vertex Cerebra will be able to control both. Hopefully its iphone, ipad and imac compatible as I own all 3 now.

Rice Reef
02-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Never heard anything about controller compatibilty. I would guess in time GHL and the Vertex Cerebra will be able to control both. Hopefully its iphone, ipad and imac compatible as I own all 3 now.

Guess I'll hold off on the controller for a while longer... Perhaps Ecotech will come out with their own controller that would sync with the current radion software... Imagine how great it would be... And controlling it all on your iPad...lol

unclesalty
02-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Guess I'll hold off on the controller for a while longer... Perhaps Ecotech will come out with their own controller that would sync with the current radion software... Imagine how great it would be... And controlling it all on your iPad...lol

Yes that would be cool and it wouldn't suprise me at all. Myself I am waiting to see the new Vertex controller when its released if it ever does get released!

Skimmerking
02-27-2012, 07:09 PM
are they really worth that amount of money:question:

Rice Reef
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM

If you are referring to the performance, I would say that it is, imo, definitely worth the money however, I am certain that you are gonna get a lot of different opinions with your question... :neutral:

Borderjumper
02-27-2012, 08:02 PM
If you are referring to the performance, I would say that it is, imo, definitely worth the money however, I am certain that you are gonna get a lot of different opinions with your question... :neutral:

I agree with Wayne.. I love mine and wouldn't go back on the purchase even if I could. I like em, my corals like em, and my power bill likes em.

Skimmerking
02-27-2012, 08:52 PM
will one work on a30x30x24 tank then and how high would you keep them. Shelly i pretty much what you have i think, RIC's, Acans , zoo's and some LPS

toxic111
02-27-2012, 09:13 PM
If you are not keeping nems, SPS & clams one might be enough over that foot print, you might have to play with height to find what works.

Borderjumper
02-27-2012, 09:43 PM
will one work on a30x30x24 tank then and how high would you keep them. Shelly i pretty much what you have i think, RIC's, Acans , zoo's and some LPS
It's not going to be optimum coverage, but it will work.. Kinda in a cool way for what your going to do. The edges won't get alot of light, so that would be awesome for some mushrooms and chalice.. SOme of my acans like it off to the side too. You could still do SPS ie acros if you did a couple of islands kinda right under the LEDs.

Skimmerking
02-27-2012, 10:07 PM
NO SPS FOR this GUY

Aquattro
02-27-2012, 10:34 PM
NO SPS FOR this GUY

mhmm....

jorjef
02-28-2012, 12:34 AM

PSST PSST..... AI Sol Super Blue.....$399.00 delivered!

Skimmerking
02-28-2012, 02:39 AM
See I have been hearing everyone is selling theirs to get the radions and they are not as good as the radions in power wise.

fishytime
02-28-2012, 02:57 AM
PSST PSST..... AI Sol Super Blue.....$399.00 delivered!

See I have been hearing everyone is selling theirs to get the radions and they are not as good as the radions in power wise.

aw cmon boys.....lets not let a thread that was about the programming of the radions degenerate into yet another "less filling", "tastes great" argument.....

jorjef
02-28-2012, 02:59 AM
At almost 2 SOL and controller for the same as 1 Radion it was a no brainer for me. The Sol controller is easy to use, don't need a computer etc. and bottom line once either is set all the fancy gadgets are forgotten.

Borderjumper
02-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Ya I guess the SOL have a bit higher par. At almost 2 SOL and controller for the same as 1 Radion it was a no brainer for me. The Sol controller is easy to use, don't need a computer etc. and bottom line once either is set all the fancy gadgets are forgotten.

The fancy gadgets are only forgotten IF your product doesn't have them :mrgreen: I love the programming and future potential of my fancy gadgets and they won't be forgotten.

jorjef
02-28-2012, 03:06 AM
Ford vs. Chevy, Nikon vs. Canon, Pilsner vs. Canadian .....and on and on and on.

fishytime
02-28-2012, 03:06 AM
At almost 2 SOL and controller for the same as 1 Radion it was a no brainer for me. The Sol controller is easy to use, don't need a computer etc. and bottom line once either is set all the fancy gadgets are forgotten.

*sigh*.......start another thread and I will shoot this comment down:wink:

jorjef
02-28-2012, 03:11 AM
NDP vs. PC vs. Liberal, Coke vs. Pepsi etc. etc. etc.

Rice Reef
02-28-2012, 03:27 AM

I don't think it would be a fair assessment. The Radion offers you a full colour spectrum. If you were to upgrade yor lights similar to that of the Radions how much would it cost you and would your controller work with the upgrade or would you have to get another one? To me, comparing the Radions to the SOLs is like comparing the European and Japanese cars (Radion) to that of the American made cars (SOL)...

jorjef
02-28-2012, 03:45 AM
I don't think it would be a fair assessment. The Radion offers you a full colour spectrum. If you were to upgrade yor lights similar to that of the Radions how much would it cost you and would your controller work with the upgrade or would you have to get another one? To me, comparing the Radions to the SOLs is like comparing the European and Japanese cars (Radion) to that of the American made cars (SOL)...

Fair enough, not really looking for a debate. Maybe just a view of how I see it. I only used a few variables when I decided..

1. Neither will ever be run at 100 percent power ( I could be wrong) so I called this one even.

2. Neither one has a coverage benefit over the other, even.

3. I had no on hands experience with the controling systems.. But have read Radion is giving people more issues, maybe due to learning curve or system its self. But I didn't want to find out first hand the issues with Radion. Advantage AI

4. Price... AI

I'm happy with the two Sol I bought. Going any further in comparision wasn't really needed for my needs

Aquattro
02-28-2012, 04:40 AM
aw cmon boys.....lets not let a thread that was about the programming of the radions degenerate into yet another "less filling", "tastes great" argument.....

Thanks Doug!

As Doug has suggested, this is going a bit off track from the original thread topic. This one is for programming Radions.

for bashing Radions with Sols, please start another thread.

unclesalty
02-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Fair enough, not really looking for a debate. Maybe just a view of how I see it. I only used a few variables when I decided..

1. Neither will ever be run at 100 percent power ( I could be wrong) so I called this one even.

2. Neither one has a coverage benefit over the other, even.

3. I had no on hands experience with the controling systems.. But have read Radion is giving people more issues, maybe due to learning curve or system its self. But I didn't want to find out first hand the issues with Radion. Advantage AI

4. Price... AI

I'm happy with the two Sol I bought. Going any further in comparision wasn't really needed for my needs

The Radion coverage is better than the AI -ADVANTAGE RADION

Radion has way better colour and controllability- AVANTAGE RADION

1 Radion is cheaper to buy(for me anyhow) than 2 AI's - ADVANTAGE RADION

Is it just a coincidence why now there is so many used AI's up for sale???

es355lucille
02-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Just taggin along.

Aquattro
02-28-2012, 05:55 AM
The Radion coverage is better than the AI -ADVANTAGE RADION

Radion has way better colour and controllability- AVANTAGE RADION

1 Radion is cheaper to buy(for me anyhow) than 2 AI's - ADVANTAGE RADION

Is it just a coincidence why now there is so many used AI's up for sale???

Missed that part about starting a new thread, huh?

unclesalty
02-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Isn't this thread about Radions?

Aquattro
02-28-2012, 01:06 PM
It's about helping someone with programming Radions. Not touting the great wonders of Radions. Not mounting Radions on the end of a stick and beating Sols with them. Not about the wonderful spectral displays seen from space.

I get the whole theme of "mine is better than yours" stuff, just start a new thread plz :)