PDA

View Full Version : Help me Stock My ich Free Tank

shiver905
11-25-2011, 06:24 AM
My tank is now Ich Free!

Its been going threw No feedings running BioPellets and Heavy GFO.
I need fish Poo and alot of it.

All I have in the tank now Is my Beloved Sailfin tang.
---

I want to Over stock this tank and do it in 2 rounds.
Plan:
Buy 1/2 of my planned fish. QT them in Hypo for 6 weeks
Buy the other Half and QT them in Hypo for 6 weeks.
Never introduce any fish after that.

--
So lets here some wicked fish combos.

BTW tank is about 3'x3x18'

naesco
11-25-2011, 06:36 AM
My tank is now Ich Free!

---

Plan:

--

Shiver that is a poor plan. Why are you looking for another disaster.

Buy one fish at a time suitable for the size of your tank. Wait one month before you add and additional fish.

shiver905
11-25-2011, 06:46 AM
The plan is the way it is because.

I told myself Next time Im getting all the fish I would like at one time and not add fish in one by one or cumplusive buys.

I cant deal with having an established Fish stock and having them die or get pulled in and out of the QT.
IMO the less times you walk into a LFS and buy a fish the less chances of spreading something you dont want.

With this said, I tottaly understand what your saying. I have even given that same advice.

Im going to give this a try and see if it works..

Im not worried about the water chemistry. I just started Feeling the tank heavy. No change in chemistry.

--

daniella3d
11-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Very poor plan and indeed going into another disaster. Unless you quarantine all the fish and treat them for ich there is a good chance one of them will be carrying ich again. No point going fishless for 6 weeks only to reintroduce ich in your system either.

So you would need a very large quarantine tank for all these fish and you would need to be ready to treat them for ich, marine velvet or broklynella. You would need a very stable QT with no ammonia.

Hard to do with many fish. If you put them directly into your tank without quarantine, then it is another disaster waiting to happen with maybe something even more nasty than ick.

Problem with trying is that a lot of fish might die in your "trying" which is really sad.

The plan is the way it is because.

I told myself Next time Im getting all the fish I would like at one time and not add fish in one by one or cumplusive buys.

I cant deal with having an established Fish stock and having them die or get pulled in and out of the QT.
IMO the less times you walk into a LFS and buy a fish the less chances of spreading something you dont want.

With this said, I tottaly understand what your saying. I have even given that same advice.

Im going to give this a try and see if it works..

Im not worried about the water chemistry. I just started Feeling the tank heavy. No change in chemistry.

--

whatcaneyedo
11-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Buy a good book on keeping marine fish. The Scott Michael series is pretty good.

shiver905
11-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Very poor plan and indeed going into another disaster. Unless you quarantine all the fish and treat them for ich there is a good chance one of them will be carrying ich again. No point going fishless for 6 weeks only to reintroduce ich in your system either.

I dont think you understood what I was trying to say.
You pointed out the same reasons I choose to do this.
Sorry I have bad grammar.

My QT should be fine. A (standard 65g).

I was thinking:

3 chromis
midas blenny
pyramid butterfly
some sort of goby

Leah
11-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I think that a good book is a must. :biggrin: If you have a wallet full of money then great...but the point is do you want to replace 1 fish or all 6 if it does not go well. :sad:

Myka
11-25-2011, 02:18 PM
What's wrong with buying a couple fish and put those fish through 6 weeks of hypo before adding them to the tank, then go get another two fish and hypo those as well? Do you plan to add corals? Inverts? Anything else? Anything wet can carry Ich.

born
11-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Question, you think the second set of fish would put a lot of stress on the first set, then could lead to ich?

intarsiabox
11-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Question, you think the second set of fish would put a lot of stress on the first set, then could lead to ich?

I have always bought and introduced my fish one at a time and haven't had a case of ich since my goldfish when I was seven.

globaldesigns
11-25-2011, 11:14 PM
My tank is now Ich Free!

---

Plan:

--

I don't mean to chuckle, but I am... cuz it never works that way. You will always want something else, and so on... You will find out the hard way. So in saying that, I would take your time. Have fun.... Buy a fish you want, enjoy. Do some more research, then maybe buy 1 or 2 more, have more fun... If a fish dies, then research and find another you wish to try that is compatible with your environment and existing inhabitants, and again have more fun.

To buy in 2 batches, personally I would not recommend. Firstly too many fish introduced at once, on each occasion. This can have ill effects on the whole tank, and I think that would be just rushing things.

Again take your time, if you choose to quarantine, then go for it.

It is like cooking, adding too much spice and salt is not good, as you can't remove... Same goes for fish, try catching one after all your aquascaping is in. I have, NOT FUN!

daniella3d
11-25-2011, 11:37 PM
oh I see...then that's different if you are going to quarantine them all together. Be ready for anything though...make sure you have the med for velvet or broklynella or ich if it happen because the more the fish the more the risk of introducing something that will contaminate all.

A good dip before introducing them might get your fish parasite free before they even enter the quarantine tank.

At least that's what I do and I rarely have to deal with parasites during quarantine anylonger.

I dont think you understood what I was trying to say.
You pointed out the same reasons I choose to do this.
Sorry I have bad grammar.

My QT should be fine. A (standard 65g).

I was thinking:

3 chromis
midas blenny
pyramid butterfly
some sort of goby