PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater Update....November 2011

jtbadco
11-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Here is the latest vid of my 33 gal reef. Lots of new growth. 2 new corals,...a spectacular Orange Torch coral from Fragalot and a beautiful bright Green Toadstool from Coral Master.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82rPEl0_mzo

Cheers!!:mrgreen:

Bblinks
11-25-2011, 06:53 AM
Looks good, that 33 look as big as my 210 on the video, nicely done.

no_bs
11-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Impressive. Love your pair of Mandarins.

lorenz0
11-26-2011, 05:07 AM
you got that golden torch frog fragalot! wow thats worth an order imo

Myka
11-26-2011, 05:16 AM
Great looking tank! I have to agree that it looks way bigger than 33 gallons, good work! I of course love the gold torch coral...I've had one myself for about 3 years. Mine is very golden, and yours might get brighter too as it settles in and is well taken care of. The Mandarins are great too, they must eat frozen foods? Would love to hear some details how you trained them onto prepared foods. :D

you got that golden torch frog fragalot! wow thats worth an order imo

Ya, Fragalot has turned a new leaf. He's running the business full time now and has employees too. We had group orders here in Saskatchewan with almost 150 frags sent. I hope he comes back to sponsor CanReef. :D The gold torch is no $10 frag though. ;)

jtbadco
11-26-2011, 05:26 AM
Thanx guys!! Ya, I really like the footprint of the 33 long (48x12x12)
It's pretty easy to light and gives you lots of viewing room.

I did a few things to accommodate having Mandarins in my tank. i turned my 2 HOB filters into mini-refugiums and stocked them with Tigger pods. I built a large rubble pile in a cave in the back corner where the pods can proliferate too. The female was eating Cyclopeeze already when I bought her. I think maybe the male got the idea to eat them from her.
Now I feed Cyclopeeze every day for 2'nd feeding and twice a week I do a wet mix of finely chopped shrimp, Cyclopeeze, Phyto and Zooplankton, Garlic, Selcon, and reef roids.
The whole tank loves this mix.

Nano
11-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Looks good, that 33 look as big as my 210 on the video, nicely done.

haha agreed, I think the camera angle and slow sweep of the tank. Looks very good I love the torches! I'm afraid to put one in my tank, maybe when I move into a larger one