PDA

View Full Version : powder blue tangs wanted

btymens
11-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi i'm looking for a powder blue tang here in edmonton, but have had no luck in the local fish stores. The onlly ones i've seen are almost full grown as I'm am looking for an smaller one. Does anyone have one for sale?

intarsiabox
11-20-2011, 11:52 PM
What size of tank are you putting them in?

Oilers
11-20-2011, 11:56 PM
I think I saw a few power blue tangs at Big Als probably a week and a half ago. They are the size you are looking for. You can call them to see if they still have any left.

btymens
11-21-2011, 12:46 AM
i was there today and they had some for $100 but i thought they were overpriced compared to another store by mayfield

btymens
11-21-2011, 12:50 AM
i have a 80 gal corner tank. I know i need a min 90 gal tank but my daughter really wants one. I figure if i got the smallest one possible until he was to big i could donate him. One fish store i talked to already said they would help me out

reefme
11-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Me too. I am looking for one. I have a 250 gallons tank.

fishytime
11-21-2011, 01:24 AM
i have a 80 gal corner tank. I know i need a min 90 gal tank but my daughter really wants one.

sorry....I dont mean to come off like a jerk but.......what your daughter wants and whats best for the living creature that you choose to be responsible for may not be the same thing.....

mark
11-21-2011, 01:27 AM
some interesting replies

The Grizz
11-21-2011, 01:44 AM
sorry....I dont mean to come off like a jerk but.......what your daughter wants and whats best for the living creature that you choose to be responsible for may not be the same thing.....

+1 on this as well. I refuse to let my kids or wife dictate what goes in my tank. Powder Blues are very hard to keep, most of the small ones brought in by most not all LFS do not survive long, same as some Blonde Nasos. I bought one from a LFS last yr, it only lasted a few weeks because it stopped eating. I now have a Powder Blue again but it came from a fellow reefer and is a good size

Aquattro
11-21-2011, 02:01 AM
+1 on this as well.

I'm with these guys!!

btymens
11-21-2011, 02:52 AM
yes thats obvious hence this is why i haven't bought one and thats why i've done my research. Like you, I don't want these fish to die

btymens
11-21-2011, 02:55 AM
+1 on this as well. I refuse to let my kids or wife dictate what goes in my tank. Powder Blues are very hard to keep, most of the small ones brought in by most not all LFS do not survive long, same as some Blonde Nasos. I bought one from a LFS last yr, it only lasted a few weeks because it stopped eating. I now have a Powder Blue again but it came from a fellow reefer and is a good size

for starters my wife and kids DON'T dictate as to what goes in my tank. Yes my daughter wants one but i know what can happen because I've done my research and obviously don't want my fish to die. Thanks for your reply though