PDA

View Full Version : zoos

monocus
11-19-2011, 09:58 PM
what would wipe out a colony of zoos on a rock 5" long and 4" round.they were completely covering the rock.i have about a dozen zoos left and the rock looks scoured clean.i've had these in my tank for about 7 months with no problems and no new fish added in the last 2 months.this happened overnight

riceboy
11-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Hmm I've never seen a zoo on a 5" rock before lol

spawn
11-19-2011, 10:10 PM
what would wipe out a colony of zoos on a rock 5" long and 4" round.they were completely covering the rock.i have about a dozen zoos left and the rock looks scoured clean.i've had these in my tank for about 7 months with no problems and no new fish added in the last 2 months.this happened overnight
A hungry crab

fishytime
11-19-2011, 11:02 PM
eucinid worm?

monocus
11-19-2011, 11:10 PM
just hermits that have been in my tank for over a year-100-150 zoanthids disappeared over night

monocus
11-19-2011, 11:15 PM
never seen a worm bigger than 1" long in the tank-even at night-my wrasses would make a meal out of them-also had a giant arrow crab in the tank until about 2 months ago-then a janis wrasse ate him-got rid of the janis as it was abusing my harlquin tusk

fishytime
11-20-2011, 12:58 AM
never seen a worm bigger than 1" long in the tank-even at night-my wrasses would make a meal out of them-also had a giant arrow crab in the tank until about 2 months ago-then a janis wrasse ate him-got rid of the janis as it was abusing my harlquin tusk

read this:wink: http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm

daniella3d
11-20-2011, 03:04 AM
It could be a predator or it could be a bacterial attack and the protozoas do the rest. They could disapear in one night if they are small polyps as they can melt pretty fast.

If it's a predator then other colonies will do the same, if it is a bacterial infection or some other disease than you might not have other colony doing the same.

It's not zoo....zoo is a place where animal are kept in captivity. It's either zoanthids or zoa for a shorter form.

Reverend
11-24-2011, 07:05 PM
look up a zoanthid-eating nudibranch.

good reason to dip corals before putting them into your system.

no_bs
11-25-2011, 01:14 AM
It's not zoo....zoo is a place where animal are kept in captivity. It's either zoanthids or zoa for a shorter form.

Really. Didn't know we had the ZOO police kickin around now. Bite your tounge.