PDA

View Full Version : SPS is bleaching

mexxedm
11-17-2011, 04:04 AM
I have a millepora SPS. It starts bleaching (turning white) at the bottom. I cut the white part out last night. Today when I got home from work, I realized that the part was fine last night now started bleaching.
Does anyone have any idea how to cure it?
Thanks a million times.

Aquattro
11-17-2011, 04:16 AM
Bleaching or losing tissue? Pretty much not a lot you can do either way, but leave it alone and pray to the coral gods. You could try taking a frag off the top, but any cutting and moving can cause stress.

daniella3d
11-17-2011, 04:33 AM
That's pretty fast. If the bleaching is slow then there is some hope but when it is that fast it is generally hard to cure.

what is your alkalinity? high alkalinity can produce more of these occurences, especially if your nutriment level is low.

Putting cyanoacrylate (crazy glue gel) on the affected area and a bit more sometimes help. You should try that first.

born
11-17-2011, 04:37 PM
2 of my frags have been going through this. If its tissue is peeling off the coral then it's probably rtn/stn. Try the crazy glue method. I tried fragging the coral but didn't work. It's a pain to see your coral die and not being able to do much. Research rtn/stn see if this is similar to your situation

daniella3d
11-17-2011, 06:45 PM
The crazy glue did not work for me either. I have a blue tip acropora that is growing fast but the base is getting white and it is slowly rising. It is anoying to see a coral grow well yet it is dying from the base up. Very strange.

I tried last resort today and dipped the base in peroxyde 50/50. will see if that help.

2 of my frags have been going through this. If its tissue is peeling off the coral then it's probably rtn/stn. Try the crazy glue method. I tried fragging the coral but didn't work. It's a pain to see your coral die and not being able to do much. Research rtn/stn see if this is similar to your situation