PDA

View Full Version : Wiring a Profilux to control DIY LED

martinmcnally
11-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Thought I would post a little diagram i made today after wring up a Profilux EVG-AP-2F card to control a DIY LED fixture.

Profilux uses the expansion card to dim any 0-10V dimmable LED drivers such as Mean Wells (D version) or Inventronics.

Each card is capable of running 2 channels of drivers with up to 3 drivers per channel. So in essence you could have something like 3 white LED drivers and 3 blue LED drivers on the one EGV-AP-2F card. You can then use multiple cards for more drivers depending on how many free L ports you have on your Profilux.

http://www.modularled.ca/product_images/uploaded_images/evg-wiring-diagram.jpg

There are 5 wire connection blocks on the board.
1. Power Cord
2. Driver Power Channel 1 - Power Input for Drivers on Channel 1
3. Driver Power Channel 2 - Power Input for Drivers on Channel 2
4. Connection To Profilux - A cable comes with the EVG card to connect it to an L port on your Profilux
5. Driver Dimming Block - This block is split in 2 right side is for dimming wires coming from drivers on channel 1 and left is channel 2.

The Grizz
11-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Cool but where do the boards connect on the controller? Does that mean you have my boards already?

martinmcnally
11-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Cool but where do the boards connect on the controller? Does that mean you have my boards already?

Number 4 above - Connection to Profilux, and yea they came in today.

The Grizz
11-17-2011, 01:38 AM
OH GOD i am tired, been up for over 36 hrs, didn't even notice the little print below ( IPad user) just have to sell 4 more stands & I will have all the $$$ bills baby:lol:

MMAX
11-17-2011, 02:08 AM
OH GOD i am tired, been up for over 36 hrs, didn't even notice the little print below ( IPad user) just have to sell 4 more stands & I will have all the $$$ bills baby:lol:

Looking forward to seeing that bad boy Greg.

The Grizz
11-17-2011, 02:26 AM
ME TOO!! Once I can get the LEDs I am going to test drive them on the 8' - 165 gal while I build the 300 gal.