PDA

View Full Version : LF: Used 250W HQI Bulbs - 20K

ScubaSteve
11-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm going to be needing to get a new bulb for my light soon and have been debating going with a 20K bulb. I've been feeling like my existing Phoenix 14K's are a bit washed out looking for me and I want something that makes the corals pop a bit more.

I was wondering if anyone has an old 20K 250W-DE bulb kicking around in a box somewhere that I could pop the thing in and see if I like it before I go and throw down a bunch of cash on a new bulb.

Thanks!

tang daddy
11-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Hey steve I was running the 14 Phoenix before I changed to 20k ushio and I will say that there wasn't much difference in colour, only abit less par. You may want to try the Phoenix 20k or even xm 20k as those are alittle more blue IMO. Good luck!

ScubaSteve
11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey steve I was running the 14 Phoenix before I changed to 20k ushio and I will say that there wasn't much difference in colour, only abit less par. You may want to try the Phoenix 20k or even xm 20k as those are alittle more blue IMO. Good luck!

Thanks dude! I've been looking at the EVC 20K as they're blue but have quite a bit of par (they seem to be the exception in the 20K category). I'm also interested in the XM 20K but haven't been able to see it in person yet.