PDA

View Full Version : Blue & Green Clove's

yellowworld
11-15-2011, 07:36 PM
So i have a fairly large colony of blue cloves in my tank that I want to grow over my back wall, my only problem is the little buggers don't want to grow up my wall, or in any direction for that matter. They have been in there for close to a month and a half with nothing, polyp extension is great and they look happy but they just aren't spreading.

I have the same problem with the green ones that came on another piece of rock. (at least i believe they are green cloves they are identical to the blue only green) They have been in my tank for close to a year and I'm pretty sure the clam had grown more haha

anyone got any thoughts on what would make then grow like the weed they are suppose to be, and better yet how to get them to grow across my glass in the back :lol:

yellowworld
11-16-2011, 06:29 PM
bump....anyone got any ideas?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Maybe a very small powerhead that is pointed at them and blowing water in the direction of the glass pane you want them to colonize? This works for other softies sometimes, but should be quite gentle. Just nudge not blow into the polyps.