PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Scrubber - Parts

Bandsaw
11-13-2011, 03:50 PM
OK, so I have decided to build a CO2 scrubber for the air intake of my EV-180.

I've decided to use a standard 10" water filter chamber and a refillable media cartridge. The ones used for using your own supply of DI resin.

I'm from out of town, but make frequent trips to Toronto.

As opposed to buying this stuff on e-bay and paying the ridicules shipping cross border charges, I am sure there has to be a water filtration company somewhere in Toronto that I give my business to (and keep it Canadian).

If anyone can give some recommendations, I would appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows a good supplier of Soda Lime, I will need that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
03-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Bump, anybody find a cheap source for soda lime in Canada.

Cal_stir
03-07-2012, 12:43 AM
your going to have to strip the filters out of that cartridge to get enough air flow, also you might need a canister with 1/2" ports depending on how much air your skimmer pulls.

i get mine from BRS

please post if you find a supplier

phi delt reefer
03-07-2012, 12:52 AM
reefwater.net sells BRS stuff in Canada. They are located in guelph - shoot them a message about what you want and he can bring it in for you and ship it to you for like 8 bucks.

Bryan
03-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks, just ordered some on BRS as I had a order pending. Will give it a try and see how well it works, then look at a bulk purchase somewhere.

Bandsaw
03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks phi delt reefer

Next time I find myself in the Guelph Area, I'll look them up.

Cal Stir, I am actually going to use an old 2g plastic jug, cut holes in the bottom, place a layer of fibre, a small layer of course carbon, then the soda lime. All suspended from the fish room ceiling as close as possible to the air intake. Going to use as large air line as I can, at least 1/2 inch.