PDA

View Full Version : Micro bubbles making my water cloudy ?

Acipenser
11-12-2011, 06:46 PM
I purchased a Hydor slim skim nano, its been running for about 4 days in my 26 gallon bow front tank. It has started to skim pretty good but I noticed this morning that my tank was cloudy at first I thought something had disturbed the sand bed or maybe an ammonia spike but I checked the ammonia twice and it's almost at 0 ppm.

I shut the skimmer off for a bit and the water started to clear up. Can micro bubbles do this and if so how long before the skimmer equalizes and stops producing micro bubbles, At this point I am ready to pull the skimmer out and set up a larger tank with a sump - I can really see why one would set up a tank with a sump at this point.

paddyob
11-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Try tuning back your skimmer. I had a nano skimmer do the same until I reduced the bubbles and flow.

If your flow is too high it can just push the bubbles right through. Thats the problem with nano skimmers. They can be touchy due to smaller chamber sizes.

So try reduce flow first. Then reduce bubbles if that alone does not help.

Acipenser
11-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Ok thanks for the heads up ! I will slow it down !

Corbin
11-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah slow it down, or just let it be, sometimes skimmers are just weird like that, whenever i get a new skimmer i get lots of bubbles, but after i let it break itself in it goes away without touching it.