PDA

View Full Version : HOT 1 skimmer

fresh
02-12-2004, 04:46 AM
by precision marine (sold at JL) is not producing very much skimmate (about 1 cup per 7-10 days) as well as the fact that it is letting too much fine bubbles back into the system.

what is going wrong and how do I fix it?

thanks

fresh.

fresh
02-12-2004, 04:48 AM
forgot to mention that the impeller is brand new on a rio 800 ph. The system is a 77 gal, 4 months old with 100 lbs of live rock and a good bio-load.

thanks

EmilyB
02-12-2004, 05:30 AM
eeww...good luck. I tried one of those once. :eek:

sumpfinfishe
02-12-2004, 03:00 PM
fresh,

If your systems not fully stocked and is stable, then I would say that one cup a week is not bad if it's dark green slug.
As for the bubbles, do a search on here or RC for tips and tricks for your model.
I hate to say it, but you should have picked a Euro Reef-right Deb :wink:

Hey Em, shouldn't you be hitching threads in the Calgary forum or sumpfin :razz: :mrgreen:

Bob I
02-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey Em, shouldn't you be hitching threads in the Calgary forum or sumpfin :razz: :mrgreen:

Hmmm, thread hitching together with inane comments a deadly combination make. :razz:

fresh
02-12-2004, 05:14 PM
it is dark green skimmate that comes out, but I think I should get more due to the past experience with the same system and the same skimmer!

Plus my bio-load is not bad at all and my amonia and nitrate are a bit high so the skimmer should work harder!

plus I was wrong when I said a cup, it is actually a 1/4 of a cup that is being produced every 10 days. I forgot that I am using the HOT1+ and it has an outlet 1/4 the height of the cup to allow for exterior collection which I am not getting any!

please help... is it a problem with the new impeller?

thanks

fresh.

ree-fready
02-13-2004, 05:33 AM
just for info.`s sake check out reef central for rio pumps. :cry: