PDA

View Full Version : ywg with white patches on body and pinhead size lumps that are yellow

peasofme
11-11-2011, 12:17 PM
there's a yellow watchman goby at the lfs with whitish discolorations on his skin, pinhead size lumps (they actually look like pinheads, under the skin) that are the same color of the fish on his body near his tail and near and on his fins on the side of his body, skin and fins had a ragged appearance, and a reddish line right above his lips. he also has this small mass of skin cells on top of his head like the one on the bird wrasse under Lymphocystis http://www.chucksaddiction.com/disease.html from looking on this page, i think he may either have lymphocystis or fish tuberculosis. he came in on tuesday and was emaciated and i saw him scratch only once. i saw him today and he had eaten himself fat, did not scratch (watched him for an hour), was hovering just above the gravel in the open, was breathing normally and acted like a healthy fish besides the above mentioned things. he eats live brine and flake food readily. anyone know what he has or has some info? thanks