PDA

View Full Version : Whats it worth?

Beaker
11-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a custom 90 Gallon Reef System

Its a 3'x'2'x2' (36"x24"x24") aquarium with a custom 36" high extra thick steel frame. The is a back center overflow with two 1" returns. 30 Gallon custom built refugium. A quiet one 6000 pump

The tank was built to be able to fit either in a corner or on the middle of a wall. Great for places limited on space.

It comes with 36" 4bulb tek lights. ~90lbs of Live Rock and ~90 LBS of live sand. The tank is well established (4 years)

There is lots of very established soft coral

A very large Kenya Tree colony
A very large Toadstool somewhere between 10" and 12" across
Many large assorted mushrooms

Some Inverts

Various Urchins (2 different rock urchins and one very large white pincushion)
A very large reef friendly black brittle (non fish eating)
Some snails and hermits

A decent selection of fish (all get along, no new ones have been added in years)

Regal Tang
Purple Tang
Pinktail Trigger
1 large clown
A Damsel
A coral Beauty
A spotted Hawkfish
I may be forgetting another...

Theres almost full bucket of salt that would come with, and a bunch of other miscellanious fish gear (some buckets and bins and such)

Whats a reasonable price to get for this thing? I regret having to get rid of it but circumstances prevail. I would like to sell it decently quick but need to get my moneys worth.

Thanks

Edit: oh and I suppose I'm willing to deliver it anywhere in and around edmonton if im getting a price that i deem worth it.

sphelps
11-10-2011, 10:45 PM
$800 as a package might be reasonable but it all depends on if you can find a buyer and your time frame. Parting out might fetch about $1000 depending on the condition, whats included and build quality of everything.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Skimmer?
Powerheads?
Any other equipment?
Pics?

It is very hard to price someone else's system without seeing it or having a great deal of exact details.

A rough rule of thumb is half of retail.

Beaker
11-10-2011, 10:54 PM
no skimmer, a koralia powerhead, Ill get some pics soon.

Retail for tank, stand and refugium alone was 2300.

Oh and thank you for quick replies,

reefme
11-10-2011, 11:00 PM
you got mail

sphelps
11-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Keep in mind custom tanks don't keep there value, unless you find someone looking for something that specific which is rare. You'll have to compare to standard 90 gallon which with metal stand and sump can be as little as $400 new if you know who to deal with.

reefwars
11-11-2011, 12:22 AM
judging by your list i would part out, your fish and corals wil go relatively fast as will your light. but im afraid you wont get alot for your tank and stand maybe a $100.

if you were to sell as a package i think you would only get around 600-800 if your lucky.alot of people in edmonton selling tanks and without a skimmer or any reactors and no real fancy gadgets its just a basic set up.its sad that it always cost so much and retail is so high but resale is always practicaly giving it away:) goodluck with your sale:)

Brightwhite
11-11-2011, 12:48 AM
If you part out livestock shoot me a pm