PDA

View Full Version : Fish Injury

crehman
11-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Hello All,
Last night i noticed that one of my baby Banggai cardinalfish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banggai_cardinalfish)is missing its tail. I am unsure what would have done this to it.....all that is in the tank is a clown fish, 2 other banggai cardinals and a tuexdo urchin.

The back of its body is now starting to turn brown. Is there any hope for this guy? Should i be taking him out of that tank so that i can treat it? If so what kind of medication should i use.

Any help or info would be great.

George
11-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Take it out of the display tank and put it in a hospital tank. If you don't have a hospital tank or a quarantine tank ready, use a spare salt bucket with a heater and a power head. Don't put it back into DT regardless of the outcome (reason below).
Treat it with saltwater maracyn-2.
It's not advised to put more than one bangaii cardinal in a tank unless they are a mated pair. I bet you that the other two did that to the little guy.
Good luck!

crehman
11-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks George,
i'm setting up a hospital tank right now.

They have been together since birth and have never shown any signs of aggression to towrds one another. Guess thats my fault for keeping them all together.

untamed
11-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Missing tail..maybe survivable... Brown back end...he's not going to make it. Sorry to be a pessimist.