PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Puratek deluxe RODI

freezetyle
11-10-2011, 04:32 AM
So i had been using a no name brand 75gal per day Ro/di unit since i started and never really thought much about it. In moving to a condo building with fairly low water pressure i decided it was time to upgrade to a unit with a booster pump.

in comparing units i noticed that the things i wanted (built in TDS, Booster pump) i realized i would be better off to purchase a whole set instead of adding onto my existing.

Wow i did not know what i was missing. Pumps out water much faster than the old unit (one should hope as it is 100 gpd). but i really liked the fast that is self flushes the unit every time you start it, every 2 and a half hours of use. it also has an auto shut off if your using a float valve in your bucket/ reservoir that kills the waste water too. If anyone is looking to upgrade pretty solid choice

philg3
11-10-2011, 04:48 AM
+1

I picked one up a month ago. Came highly recommended and I couldnt be happier. Build quality and features are both top notch. Low Maintenance and very easy to use. My first RO/DI unit and I dont know how I lived without one before.

sphelps
11-10-2011, 04:54 AM
watch the o-ring seals on the canisters as I had issues with multiple units. Also depending on use the pump can become noisy and even fail over time.

philg3
11-10-2011, 05:01 AM
lol I guess I should wait and see....

The Codfather
11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
watch the o-ring seals on the canisters as I had issues with multiple units. Also depending on use the pump can become noisy and even fail over time.

I beleive on the new units they have addressed this o-ring issue. I don't know about the pump though.

DiverDude
11-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I've had mine over a year and a half and had no issues with it.

That said, with a 35 gal system volume, I'm not exactly pushing it's limits ! (I do use it to make RO drinking water for my home and work as well).

Coleus
11-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I had them for couple months now and have not had any problem. I used about 35 RO gallon of water per week. If you are looking for one, give Dave at Concept Aquatic a call, he has them in stock