PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Prodibio products

tgrover
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I am currently using the BioKit Reef Nano on my 6 gallon nano tank. I love it. I did have a Blue Damsel who happened to jump the tank (had the Damsel 6 months) I'm not sure if starting the BioKit and the jumper had anything to do with each other.

I want to start dosing my 75 gallon reef tank. I have 5 fish and anemone and a sea apple (cucumber). Does anyone have any experiences good or bad?

fencer
11-08-2011, 10:40 PM
I am writing the long term review of the product. I will resume it shortly. You must start it slowly. Your tank prams must be in line before you start reef booster. You can use the first parts of prodibio to help get your nitrates and bacterial populations up. Don't be in a rush dosing. the sea pen my be a problem if it starts to die or spew out its guts.

tgrover
11-08-2011, 10:56 PM
That's great, thanks! The more info the better... Appreciated

Funky_Fish14
11-09-2011, 06:47 AM
I have started using it (biokit reef)... 6 weeks in and on my 4th dose. I just dosed reef booster last week for the first time.

I was having problems with my SPS losing colour before I started dosing, and I did start adding seachem reef plus and prodibio calci reef+ just before I started, and that seemed to have some positive effect. (reef plus may be similar to reef booster, though a lesser effect/quality).

Since I started using the prodibio Biokitreef, calcireef+, and alkareef+, I have seen improvement in growth and colour of most of my SPS, and 3 small bubble tip anemonies that had disappeared before I started dosing actually came back. I do however have a cyano problem that was the result of using biopellets before trying prodibio. It is very slowly disappearing.

So far im happy with prodibio because the frequency of dosing is so far apart that it means I AM able to do it regularly as required. (I am not available to do the million doses a week that fauna marin and zeovit require... its also cheaper than those systems).

I do run carbon and GFO(but at a reduced amount), and had nitrates and phosphates at 0 before starting prodibio and before starting carbon and GFO.

Brightwhite
11-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Subscribed for more info.

cale262
11-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Great thread as fencer had mentioned...

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71002

Proteus
11-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Pulled up chair