PDA

View Full Version : Is this real??

TheKid
11-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello guys and long time no see !!

i was on youtube today and found this video and was wondering if you guys think this is real or an actual technique for live food?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQThj0cS5U

all the best,
Stefan

MarkoD
11-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Yes it works. Also works on humans. If you move their legs and push them forward while holding their mouth open, they come back to life

Leah
11-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Why did they not try it on Micheal Jackson then?

SpruceGruve
11-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes it works. Also works on humans. If you move their legs and push them forward while holding their mouth open, they come back to life

lolz ill try this next time i buy frozen prawns

stellarfly
11-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Funny how these people never show you a video of it working. How frekin' convenient! I mean he had a box full of them...therefore if it works many times...post a video of it working and dont waste our time with BS claims!

reefwars
11-07-2011, 03:08 PM
theres another 3 min ill never get back lol:):)

STANKYfish
11-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Things to do.......when there is nothing to do....hmmmm

sphelps
11-07-2011, 05:56 PM
The sad part is there are probably some people trying this right now :der:

Beverly
11-07-2011, 08:54 PM
The guy on the video sounded so sincere that I just had to see what was going to happen :lol: And, of course, there was no way it could happen. But I can't get over his sincerity. What's in this guy's water?!?

Leah
11-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Funny how these people never show you a video of it working. How frekin' convenient! I mean he had a box full of them...therefore if it works many times...post a video of it working and dont waste our time with BS claims!

It was cute...and life should not always have to be so frekin' serious..laugh a little.

Cal_stir
11-07-2011, 10:08 PM
he should have bit the head off it, i bet that would wake it up

Nano
11-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Hello guys and long time no see !!

i was on youtube today and found this video and was wondering if you guys think this is real or an actual technique for live food?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPQThj0cS5U

all the best,
Stefan

whether it works or not is irrelevant to me, What is relevant is you gave me the best laugh I've had in a while lol. Thank you

MarkoD
11-08-2011, 12:12 AM
could you imagine buying fish from the LFS frozen and then bringing them home and bringing them back and putting them in the tank

apexifd
11-08-2011, 12:59 AM
hmm... so if I buy a box of these achilles tangs and shipped them frozen to me. I will be able to bring them back to live??

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss67/apexifd/9035f755.jpg

paddyob
11-08-2011, 01:22 AM
I use the same technique with Mysis.

wingedfish
11-08-2011, 02:14 AM
I use the same technique with Mysis.

Funny you mention that, I swear I see twitching in mysis when they hit the tank.

TheKid
11-09-2011, 07:49 AM
whether it works or not is irrelevant to me, What is relevant is you gave me the best laugh I've had in a while lol. Thank you

your welcome, I'm really starting to miss the hobby and have yet to get my lazy butt up to sell my equipment.

all the best,
Stefan

Funky_Fish14
11-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Lmao. I love how sincere he sounds as well. I also like how he 'throws' the fish into the container of water. I have used a similar technique to revive partially dried fish off the floor and such (put them back into the water... 'fish' them back and forth through the water to get Oxygen moving through their gills). It has been successful before... but its hilarious with trying this on frozen fish lol.

PS. Many types of frogs can be frozen and revived!

daniella3d
11-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Every insect that live in cold countries will do that (except those that live in water that does not freeze), or else they would all die during the winter and it would be the end of it.

We have a garden pool and each winter it freeze all the way to the bottom because it is too small for any water to remain unfrozen, yet each spring when I clean it it is full of nice dragon fly larveas and they are alive and healthy. They have started to establish in there a few years ago and now each year we have those huge green darner dragonfly hatching from our garden pool at night.

Of course what ever fish we forget in there is totally and absolutely doomed.

PS. Many types of frogs can be frozen and revived!

BlueWorldAquatic
11-09-2011, 02:40 PM
damn, imagine how much $$$ I can make selling live foods? All I would have to do is unplug my food freezer. :twised:

pscott99
11-09-2011, 03:16 PM
It works but man that fish would have a headache.:lol:

However, I have heard of this working for goldfish. They overwinter, go into stasis and "freeze". I read that a goldfish in a block of ice revived. I brought mine in for the winter. Water temp is currently 60. My wife didn't want to test the theory, she fell in love with the guys.:mrgreen: