PDA

View Full Version : Tunze ato

pirate
11-02-2011, 08:27 PM
So my year old tunze has decided that my tank is always needing filling. I've cleaned the eye, and it worked for 1 use the second time it just dies not quit filling. What do I check next? Or do I just go out and buy a new one? I would try and return it but it's had a hard life with me, the controller fell into my ato tank for a brief second and then the plug end fell into my sump while cleaning and after drying it out and cleaning inside of it it caught on fire for me.... So I chopped in a new power cord. So it's not eligible for warranty.
So I'm looking for what to try and clean next or buy a new one it worked like a charm till last night when it put in 4 gallons of water into my tank.

Delphinus
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I had a similar problem with mine when it was new, I guess the sensors trap air too easily when brand new. Tunze advised me to wash it with dishwasher detergent and lo and behold it worked. I know you said yours isn't new and that you did try cleaning the sensor but if you didn't use dish soap maybe try again with some and see how it goes.. Good luck.

pirate
11-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks I'll try that, btw what kind of dish soap?

pirate
11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks Delphinus,
I washed my sensor with a drop of dish soap on my finger and now it seems to work. Crossing my fingers. Ive drop the overfill float right down to the water level incase it wants to overfill again I might get a gallon in.
I hope this fixes it I don't want to buy a new one.
Cheers

Delphinus
11-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi, yeah, sorry just a drop of dish soap, whatever you've got by your kitchen sink I guess, but sounds like you figured that out already. Hopefully this works out :) Good luck!

pirate
11-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Well it's been running flawless for the last 24 hrs now. There must have been something on the eye left over from cleaning and the dish soap did the trick.
Thank you Delphinus.

Delphinus
11-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Awesome, good to hear. :)