PDA

View Full Version : LF DRILLED 10 GALLON TANK

axe_man16
11-01-2011, 03:06 PM
As the title says, I am looking for a 10 gallon tank that is drilled. In the Edmonton area. Have not seen a post for one being on sale so I thought I would give this a shot. If I can not find one is it fairly easy to drill it myself? Just worried about the thin glass on a 10 gallon.

Thanks

Todd

piusma
11-01-2011, 03:59 PM
The drilling part isn't too bad. Afterall, 10 gallon tankis are only $15 if you screw up. I've drilled 4 10 gallons and they turn out fine as long as you've got some drilling experience and take it real slow.

I do have more problem with pipes and bulkhead putting too much stress on yhe glass causing it to crack. That happened during everyday handling and maintaince, not when it was first installed.

Steven

axe_man16
11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
That is my concern. I don't have room for a bigger tank under my stand so going with a tank with thicker glass wouldn't work. Would it be possible to attach another piece of glass to the end that I am cutting to re-inforce it? Or would that not help much?

chevyjaxon
11-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I had a tank once long ago with an arborite bottom instead of glass infact it was my first Large tank, the guy I bought it from told me it was an old breeders tank. maybe try that? or acrylic might help goodluck finding what your after.