PDA

View Full Version : rbta

Starry
11-01-2011, 04:31 AM
have a rouge rbta wandering my tank. any ideas to catch it short of disasembling my reef? hes currently on a rock about mid way up in a spot i cant access. so far just been moving corals out of its reach. first time in 3 years this has happened.

Beverly
11-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Have you changed anything about water flow in your tank just before the BTA started wandering? If so, this is why it's on the move. BTAs generally like low flow areas. I don't know how you're going to get it to stop roving, but I would suggest you protecting the intakes of your powerheads so the BTA doesn't get stuck in them. Contrary to the myth that BTAs "commit suicide" by deliberately getting stuck in a powerhead, they are roving to find a safe, low flow spot in the tank.

HTH :)

Starry
11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I had removed it from its rock on the sand bed in order to sell it (there were 3 together on the same rock) I placed it on a separate rock and placed it on the sand bed. when I woke up the next day it was on my main reef. Looks like Im gonna have to do some re-aquascaping. :(