PDA

View Full Version : Sump 10x bigger than display tank ?

Acipenser
10-30-2011, 03:56 PM
I am just wondering if any one has ever seen a set up where the sump was in say a basement or crawl space and plumbed upto another room in the house to one or two display tanks?

I ask because I have a huge heated concrete crawl space under my main floor that I could easily fit a 100 plus gallon sump/refugium into, but have limited space for display tanks because we are in a town house and I share my space with my wife and Kids.

I thought about setting up previously when I was into breeding cichlid's. there is every thing i need already there, it would be so easy to add a ato/ro. I could have a 75 gallon refugium it would be awesome. :mrgreen:

marie
10-30-2011, 04:23 PM
My sump is in the basement, I love it. I couldn't imagine trying to fit everything in the cramped space of the display stand

whatcaneyedo
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
I've seen 4 in person. They're also a great way to isolate some of the usual noise that a reef tank can produce from your living area where it is displayed.

cyberdude47
10-30-2011, 07:10 PM
all my equipment is in the garage, works great

fishytime
10-31-2011, 01:35 AM
yup.....my Girly(fishoholic) has two 230g tanks and a 80g tank in the family room plumbed to a 90g sump in the crawl space.....just need a big enough pump (or pumps) to get the water where it needs to go...