PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Yellow Coris Wrasses

PFisher
10-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I had to downsize my home tank when we moved and I can not keep my yellow Coris Wrasse in the new 14 gallon. I was thinking of putting him in the work tank, but we already have the same wrasse there. Would there be problems if I put a second wrasse in the work tank? It is a 200 gallon reef tank. The current wrasse is about double the size of the one that I would be adding.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

Taaron
12-10-2011, 02:59 AM
If you havent done it already, they shoukd be fine. I had 2 in my tank andthen added 2 more that were half the size. No problems whats so ever, and my tank is 180 gallons.

PFisher
12-10-2011, 03:02 AM
I put them together a couple of weeks back and watched them very closely for the first few days. They seem to be getting along quite well and even seem to spend quite a bit of time socializing with each other.

Thanks for the feedback.

Patrick

The Grizz
12-10-2011, 03:04 AM
2 of them in a 200 gal is way better then 10 or more in a 25 - 30 gal like in a few LFS (we all know where) I am sure the 2 of them will probably never see each other unless they both want the same cave.

Edit: just noticed new post, that is great I have seen more aggressive big fish in pairs that get along just fine.